Looking for Kaby Lake Mini-ITX with ECC

• At the moment I have running a Supermicro X10SDV-4C+-TLN4F (Mini-ITX with onboard Xeon D1518). It's a fantastic board, but has some drawbacks on media tasks (i.e. transcoding). Now I'm looking for a Mini-ITX board with socket 1151 which supports ECC and IGP and a quad-core processor which supports Intel Quick Sync.
    The only combination I've found so far is an ASRock C236 WSI with an Intel Xeon E3-1235L. But that's a Skylake platform, but I'm looking for Kaby Lake (i.e. for latest native codec support).
    Is there any hardware out there that fit my needs?

• Hi, that board does not support Intel Quick Sync as it provides an Aspeed graphics adapter instead of IGP (Quick Sync is supported on platforms with IGP graphics only). So it does not fit my needs.

• In common, you are right. But as Plex seems to support QSV now, I though it would be best to consolidate NAS and media transcoding into one machine. So the NAS should not be a media player but a transcoding server for clients.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!