ZFS Plugin Not available?

• I've been working on getting my new box up and running after having accidentally installed 32-bit 1.x, I'm up and running on 64-bit 2.x but the ZFS plugin isn't available. I've got the latest OMV-Extras installed, here's my system basics:

i5-2500K, 4GB
    Debian 7.11
    Kernet 3.16 Backports
    OMV 2.2.14
    OMV Extras 2.13.9

The plugin simply isn't there in the plugins screen. I read that the plugin was moved into the main repo from it's own, but it's still not showing up, even with the testing repo enabled.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Install OMV 3.x. zfs is not supported on Debian Wheezy which is what OMV 2.x is.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I was afraid of that... After I just reinstalled the system. Is 3.x stable enough for daily use? Please tell me there's an upgrade path so I don't have to deal with making another bootable USB and dealing with GRUB installing to the wrong device again...

EDIT: I'm going to assume that it is, considering the EOL announcement: https://www.openmediavault.org/?p=2127 I guess I'll roll the dice on omv-release-upgrade

• Looks like after a few hiccups and some manual intervention I'm up and running in 3.x on the backports kernel with everything seemingly working. Had to manually remove and reinstall some plugins as well as the kernel and ditch intel-microcode, but things are looking good at the moment. Thanks!

• I've been running 3.0.17 after running the update script and everything seems like it's working smoothly. I've got a ZFS pool with my 4 8T drives and a bunch of docker containers handling all my services outside of the core OMV plugins. I've also got the machine up and running with a dedicated UPS an the ups plugin so it will power down gracefully in the event of an outage, and among the dockerized services is a crashplan instance backing up my ZFS pool to the cloud.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!