weird kernel

• Hello,

I am equipped with an Intel Core 2 Duo T2300. This is a dual core processor.
    What I do not understand is that I installed (with an update) kernel: Linux 3.2.0-0.bpo.4-486
    However, from what I understand, the core question is designed for single core processor. Am I right?
    In addition, I find that my processor is unusually busy.

What do you recommend? Thank you in advance for your expertise and work on this wonderful project.

Sincerely,

• Offizieller Beitrag

You want the 686 kernel which is smp for your dual core processor. The 486 kernel is single core.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

The 686 kernel will definitely work with your processor. Not hard to do but why are you installing the backports kernel?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Do you have a tutorial to advise me, or maybe you can tell me what to do?
    If I installed the backports kernel is that I upgraded my NAS without looking. I think that my source.list must be a mess!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I doubt you need backports but here is a good tutorial. But maybe we should fix your sources.list first.

what is the output of:

cat /etc/apt/sources.list

• My source.list

I I intentionally commented backports sources

• Excuse me, I misspoke, I want to return to the kernel 686, do you have a tutorial for this?
    I managed to uninstall old kernels, it left me with two 486 and the 686. Now I would like my grub boot automatically on the 686. But I did not find menu.lst

• Well ... I did the following commands:

Code
    grep menuentry / boot/grub2/grub.cfg

Based on this, I saw that my kernel was in 3rd position, so I edited the file / etc / default / grub where I changed

Code
    GRUB_DEFAULT = 3

then

Code
    update-grub

and then I did a reboot (remote, I'm not at home)

Unfortunately, it's been a quard time I made this change, and I still have no news of my NAS :oops:

• I'm a bit stupid ... is counting from 0. That means he had to boot into recovery mode ...

Well sorry for the avalanche of message ... I'll retest with me ... I'll let you know.

Thank you once again for all that you do. This is a beautiful project.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!