Remote Shares plugin - authentication types

• Hey Guys!

So I have OMV 2 installed and up and running just great. I have a remote SMB share I would like my OMV to access (and maybe further share, but I'm not there yet).
    The remote share is completely accessible by my OMV. In fact, if I manually use mount commands, I can mount the share, no problem. Here is the command I have used (with some details altered):
    mount -t cifs -o username=root //192.168.192.168/SharedFolder/ /mountpoint

I hit enter, put in the password, and voila, it's mounted and accessible.

I use the exact same details in the Remote Shares, and no matter how I try, I always get the following error:
    Failed to execute command 'omv-mkconf remoteshare 2>&1': Retrying with upper case share name mount error(6): No such device or address Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

(Yes, I was sure to unmount the share before trying the plugin.)

The only other hint I have about the issue (which may even be completely unrelated, I'm not sure), is the following output from command:

# smbclient -L 192.168.192.168 -U root
    WARNING: The "null passwords" option is deprecated
    Enter root's password:
    Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.6.25]
    Server requested LANMAN password (share-level security) but 'client lanman auth = no' or 'client ntlmv2 auth = yes'
    tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

I am more than happy (and capable/able) to do any kind of debugs or whatnot... I just don't know what.
    Any ideas or suggestions in these regards will be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

The remote share plugin has lots of problems. The creator redid completely the plugin in omv3 ( now called remote mount). As i see it there will be no fix or backport. So either you upgrade to omv3 or handle it manually in fstab

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!