Helios4 -- community developed ARM 4 bay NAS device received important upgrade

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• gueschmid wrote:

Du you think it will have a CE Sign?
      At least the heart of the device (the ARMADA 388 MicroSOM) should be CE/FCC certified since otherwise Solid-Run would display an 'FCC Waiver' as can be seen here (that's the reason this other device starts to sell in Sep)
      'OMV problems' with XU4 and Cloudshell 2? Nope, read this first. 'OMV problems' with Cloudshell 1? Nope, just Ohm's law or queue size.
    • CE meens: it is secure to use this device in Europe.

Every electric device in Europe needs this sign. Without it is very hard to get it through ZOLL!

Almost every packet have to pass the ZOLL.

I read about backers who hav e got no Peeble Watch for example, because the Watch have no CE approval.

I think the is a similar regulation in US. Every device need a approval.
    • ness1602 wrote:

did you receive the device?
      Nope, Gauthier asked me whether I want a free sample but I said no since already too much stuff lying around. I'm also not that much interested in 'RAID at home' since IMO only a great way to fool yourself (but people interested in this should look here for latest results with Helios4).

I talked also months ago about the certification issue and Gauthier mentioned the PSU is CE/FCC certified and they were into talks with Solid-Run about the whole board (as far as I understood the SoM itself is certified already but I might be wrong)
      'OMV problems' with XU4 and Cloudshell 2? Nope, read this first. 'OMV problems' with Cloudshell 1? Nope, just Ohm's law or queue size.
    • gueschmid wrote:

CE meens: it is secure to use this device in Europe.
      No. A CE mark together with the CE declaration of conformity says that the manufacturer (or importer) confirms that the device is conforming with European directives and standards. It is a self-declaration. If the manufacturer (or importer) takes it seriously, which he should, the results in a "safe" device. But it is by no means a guarantee.
      BananaPi - armbian - OMV4.x | Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - 16GB - 2x Seagate ST3000VN000 - 1x Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV3.x 64bit
    • Users Online 3

3 Guests