Need a Whitelisted Torrent Client

• Hi

I'm new here and I'm very new to Linux.

Some Torrent sites have strict requirements for which Torrent Clients they allow seeding from, these are listed in a so-called Torrent Client Whitelist.

Here are some examples of the latest approved torrent clients:

• Deluge 1.3.x
    • libtorrent 0.13.x (rtorrent)
    • Transmission 1.9x
    • Transmission 2.xx
    • uTorrent 3.5.x

I'm using OMV 3.x and I could really use some help with installing any of the approved clients, preferably through the OMV interface.

• There are OMV plugins for Transmission and Deluge, via the OMV-Extras.org plugin. What's the problem?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Only problem with deluge is that the plug-in version is very old, so if you want to install it you'll need to update it manually.
    you can find the instruction to install deluged (deluge daemon) and the webgui on th edeluge wiki.

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• The problem is the opposite of what Blabla is describing.

The versions available with OMV-Extras.org plugin for OMV 3.x is too new and not whitelisted by many torrent sites.

I can go back and download some older versions here:
    https://bintray.com/openmediav…vault-transmissionbt/view
    https://bintray.com/openmediav…penmediavault-deluge/view

But it's not enough. The latest version of each client I can use are following:

• Transmission 2.92
    • Deluge 1.3.x

The oldest I can get from OMV-Extras.org for OMV 3.x is:

• Transmission 3.0
    • Deluge 3.0

Or am I just misunderstanding something like the version numbers used by OMV-Extras.org?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The version of the plugin doesn't match the version of the software used for obvious reasons. Transmission version used is 2.82 if I am not mistaken, comes from Debian. Deluge version is 1.3.10 and comes from Debian repos also. Unfortunately the deluge plugin has broken dependencies at the moment so we should pull it out, until we can sort that out. I would recommend then using deluge from docker container.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!