Samba no longer working - nothing has been changed

• Hi all

My Samba is no longer working. Nothing changed on the device except for the IP address. Previously it was 192.168.1.2, and now it's 192.168.0.3.
    I'm not able to access the shares with my Win10 machines.
    Getting the following error when trying to shut down the smb service:

"Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; update-rc.d 'samba' disable 2>&1': update-rc.d: error: samba Default-Start contains no runlevels, aborting. update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing

Error #4000:exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; update-rc.d 'samba' disable 2>&1': update-rc.d: error: samba Default-Start contains no runlevels, aborting.update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc:90Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/initscript.inc(56): OMVSysVInitScript->update(true)#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/samba.inc(64): OMVSysVInitScript->exec()#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(164): OMVModuleSamba->stopService()#3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(158): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#6 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(224): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)#7 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)#8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)#10 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)#11 {main}"

Any ideas what could be wrong here?

Regards
    Alexander

• Offizieller Beitrag

Have you seen this thread? Problem with samba services

I think there was another thread reporting the same issue. You should be able to find it, if you search for it.

From your WIN10 machine, do you try to connect by server name or by IP?
    Are both machines (server and client) on the same WORKGROUP?
    There are a lot of threads in the forum which are dealing with SAMBA issues

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!