Wrong name when sharing mergerfs directories (bug?)

• Hello,

I created two union folders with the unionfs-plugin:

They are also displayed correctly in the "filesystems" tab:

But if I try to share them with "Shared Folders" (or SMB or NFS), they both have the same name:

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

• Ah, so the idea of mergerfs is to pool drives, not folders?

Until now, I used mhddfs, where I created one pool for each shared folder. But if it works for whole drives, this makes everything easier...

Thanks!

• Ah, so the idea of mergerfs is to pool drives, not folders?

Until now, I used mhddfs, where I created one pool for each shared folder. But if it works for whole drives, this makes everything easier...

Thanks!

No, that's not the idea of mergerfs itself. The OMV plugin has its limitations though, and that's what you are seeing.

I want to pool folders on several drives to a mount point, but to do that I have to configure that by hand per the mergerfs documentation.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• No, that's not the idea of mergerfs itself. The OMV plugin has its limitations though, and that's what you are seeing.

I want to pool folders on several drives to a mount point, but to do that I have to configure that by hand per the mergerfs documentation.

Nice to know it wasn't me being stupid. ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!