What the hell is going on with USB?

• Hi,

can someone interpret this stuff, please?

ASMedia is my external drive via USB3. The rest is not connected, as you can see...but:

Started today, still counting...

Who can help me to end this???

Thx

--
    Get a Rose Tattoo...

HP t5740 with Expansion and USB3, Inateck Case w/ 3TB WD-Green
    OMV 5.5.23-1 Usul i386|4.19.0-9-686-pae

• The funny thing is, as I wrote in #1, that there is nothing connected...
    I can kill these fu"§$%&/()=ing ports in Bios...no clean solution, but a solution...

Anyone else?

--
    Get a Rose Tattoo...

• The funny thing is, as I wrote in #1, that there is nothing connected...

I read what you wrote, I also read that you fiddled around with the hardware recently. That's why I counted your lsusb output and wrote '6 x low-speed, 3 x hi-speed and 1 x SuperSpeed' which translates to 1 x USB3 port (UHCI+OHCI+XHCI), 2 x USB2 ports ((UHCI+OHCI) and 3 x something I don't understand (UHCI only). That's why I suggested to look at the hardware. You seem to use an old Thinclient, those things often feature internal USB ports on headers.

• I´ll run around in the Bios and see whats possible.

Well, that's a nice way to get rid of the messages. I didn't know that you don't want to fix the problem generating the messages :)

(if there are no new USB devices you know of but there's something generating 'noise' on USB data lines I would check the hardware and not the BIOS, maybe that piece of $something currently responsible for some 'noise' on an USB port will be responsible for something else being shorted soon)

• So...if someone´s running in the same problem:

CLEAN YOUR FU!"§$%&/()ING USB-PORTS!

This is best done with the old in-and-out game done with an USB-Stick.
    Corrosion and dust gone, messages gone 8o

--
    Get a Rose Tattoo...

• This is best done with the old in-and-out game done with an USB-Stick.

There are better methods eg.

In addition: If you build a NAS try to avoid USB whenever possible. Real storage protocols implement at least primitive mechanisms to detect contact/cabling problems, with USB there's NOTHING (you could read out easily).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!