Snapraid: having 2 config files for 2 separate arrays ?

• OMV 3.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Snapraid: having 2 config files for 2 separate arrays ?

Hi,

I'd like to know how to make two separate 'arrays' on snapraid.
      I have 5x3tb and 3x6tb, and I'd like them to constitute two separate groups.
      Is it possible to automate the syncing of two config files through the webui or would I have to do it through command line ?

Thank you and best regards !
    • The plugin doesn't support it. Never tried creating another version but I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work since you can specify the location of the config file.
      omv 4.1.14 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • You will have to create a config file manually and run the commands manually. I would read the manual to get better acquainted with snapraid. Personally I would just use one array.
      omv 4.1.14 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Ok thanks a lot, I thought it would be possible to modify the plugin myself to add a second config file but after looking into it, it seems a bit complicated.
      I could use one array but since I have only 3 6tb disks, it would probably be a bit of a waste of space using two of them for parity for the rest.
      Thanks, I guess I'll run it manually !