OMV 2.2 vs OMV 3.X

• Hello All,

I have NAS server at home on the OMV 2.2.X and I would like to know where OMV 3.0 is better before update,

I am using fallowing services
    - File Server (SMB/CIFS),
    - DLNA
    - FTP
    - BitTorrent

Also I would like to synchronize my Files from Dropbox account but I am unable to do this on the OMV 2.2.X There is no plugins for this.

Could you please explain to me why OMV 3.X is better then 2.2, what kind of differences we have between this two OMV systems?

Best Regards.

OMV - 6.3.1-1 (Shaitan)
    Kernel - Linux 5.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64

CPU i5-3570
    RAM 8GB
    HDD OS - WB BLUE 250GB
    HDD 2x Samsung EcoGreen F2 HD154UI 1500 GB (mirror) (max drive speed 107 MB/s)

• Any upgrade is usually better in the long run due to support and newer kernels. From experience it is always better to do a clean install rather than upgrade the older system (yeah, I tried a distribution upgrade from 2 to 3 and it has issues which take a bit of working out and reading this forum). If all is well with your current setup, I would hang back till support disappears (no more updates) and do a clean install.

There is no complete dropbox plugin, but you can sync with dropbox using the WebDAV plugin and there are other methods if you google.

Overall OMV3 is much the same look on the outside to me, newer kernels main difference which should account for security and newer hardware.

HP N54L Microserver, 20Gb Intel SSD, 4Gb RAM runing OMV 4.X
    HP N54L Microserver 20Gb Intel SSD, 8Gb RAM running OMV 4.X
    and loads of other PC's and NAS... OMV by far the best....
    (P.S. I hate Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 Vista, XP, 2K, ME, 98se, 98 and 95 - I have lost hours of my life to this windows virus)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!