MySQL Installation Help

• Hey guys,

Hope I could get some guidance. I just installed the MySQL plugin through the Extra's repot. I have enabled it and logged in through the GUI. I then created a user - kodi and then created a database called Test and gave kodi full access to it. (I did not create user kodi in omv)...

When I initially set up the MySQL plugin, I didn't have an option to enter database volume. All the guides I see online mention choosing one. Is there something I am missing?
    Do I need to provide write privileges to MySQL, and/or to user kodi?
    Am I missing anything else??? LOL!

Thanks for any help - and if someone can point me in the right direction that would rock.
    PS - I am not set on SQL, any alternative that works will be considered!

Cheers! :thumbup:

• Offizieller Beitrag

When I initially set up the MySQL plugin, I didn't have an option to enter database volume. All the guides I see online mention choosing one. Is there something I am missing?

You used to be able to set a volume in the plugin. That problematic feature was removed.

Do I need to provide write privileges to MySQL, and/or to user kodi?

For most apps, you would need to give the kodi user the select, update, insert, and delete privileges.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I must be missing a step.. I gave user kodi basically global privileges through the web gui, and I gave it access to all databases there but I still can't write to the sql. Kodi just doesn't scan. Is there something on the OMV level that I need to do?

i created kodi using localhost for host..

Thank you again for your help, it's very much appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Post a screenshot of the mysql plugin settings and the permissions you assigned the kodi user in mysql. The plugin does very little with mysql.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I figured out my error... my bad. I didn't create the proper databases to write to. Once I did that, it worked like a charm.

For anyone looking to do the same, here is what I did:

1. Install MYSQL plugin from the Extras repo.
    2. Enable it through OMV Gui and then open the MYSQL GUI in a new tab.
    3. Log in and create 2 databases (no caps):

• videodatabase
    • musicdatabase

4. Create a user called kodi with a password called kodi. I gave it a domain of %.
    5. Create the advancedsettings.xml and put it in userdata folder (google it).

Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!