MySQL Installation Help

• OMV 3.x
    • MySQL Installation Help

Hey guys,

Hope I could get some guidance. I just installed the MySQL plugin through the Extra's repot. I have enabled it and logged in through the GUI. I then created a user - kodi and then created a database called Test and gave kodi full access to it. (I did not create user kodi in omv)...

When I initially set up the MySQL plugin, I didn't have an option to enter database volume. All the guides I see online mention choosing one. Is there something I am missing?
      Do I need to provide write privileges to MySQL, and/or to user kodi?
      Am I missing anything else??? LOL!

Thanks for any help - and if someone can point me in the right direction that would rock.
      PS - I am not set on SQL, any alternative that works will be considered!

Cheers! :thumbup:
    • XbmcPlexer wrote:

When I initially set up the MySQL plugin, I didn't have an option to enter database volume. All the guides I see online mention choosing one. Is there something I am missing?
      You used to be able to set a volume in the plugin. That problematic feature was removed.

XbmcPlexer wrote:

Do I need to provide write privileges to MySQL, and/or to user kodi?
      For most apps, you would need to give the kodi user the select, update, insert, and delete privileges.
      omv 4.1.14 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • I must be missing a step.. I gave user kodi basically global privileges through the web gui, and I gave it access to all databases there but I still can't write to the sql. Kodi just doesn't scan. Is there something on the OMV level that I need to do?

i created kodi using localhost for host..

Thank you again for your help, it's very much appreciated.
    • Post a screenshot of the mysql plugin settings and the permissions you assigned the kodi user in mysql. The plugin does very little with mysql.
      omv 4.1.14 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • I figured out my error... my bad. I didn't create the proper databases to write to. Once I did that, it worked like a charm.

For anyone looking to do the same, here is what I did:

1. Install MYSQL plugin from the Extras repo.
      2. Enable it through OMV Gui and then open the MYSQL GUI in a new tab.
      3. Log in and create 2 databases (no caps):
      • videodatabase
      • musicdatabase
      4. Create a user called kodi with a password called kodi. I gave it a domain of %.
      5. Create the advancedsettings.xml and put it in userdata folder (google it).

Thanks!