how to update plex media server

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is the latest version available for OMV 2.x.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• wait a few days and you'll find the update into update manager. You should already have the latest version avaible since I have it.

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• The ability to update Plex Media Server from within Plex itself was removed long ago.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• So how can I update Plex when I want to stay with OMV 2 for a longer time? I presently don't want to upgrade to OMV 3 because I don't have so much time for it.

The currently available debian wheezy OMV 2.x compatible Plex Media Server package is v1.75.4035.

@yakumo, the individual who has been providing these packages ceased providing any PlexPass packages, so there are none available more recent than v1.75.4035.

If you have a PlexPass, then you have access to more recent Ubuntu Linux packages and you can convert these yourself for use on OMV 2.x using instructions @yakumo provided somewhere in his Plex.tv forum thread:

https://forums.plex.tv/discuss…edia-server-for-debian/p1

Similar instructions are also available here:

Convert Ubuntu PlexPass version to Debian Wheezy for OMV 2.x

Make sure you have a copy of your currently working Plex package so that you can downgrade back in case your converted package does not work.

I used to convert the Ubuntu packages myself for my own use when @yakumo got behind schedule in providing them to us, but since I do not have a PlexPass myself, I can not offer any more recent packages.

So, in summary, either wait for for Plex to release an updated publicly accessible Plex package and hope that @yakumo or someone else converts it for use on OMV 2.x, or convert it yourself.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can I upgrade without any problems?

Usually you can but no one can guarantee that. Make a backup of your system if you are worried.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Hallo everybody

Sorry for my ignorance but I am tryong to solve some issue myself .... and I just installed OMV

I have the same message of ryecoaaron can you please advice how to update plex media server I am receiving this info from the app when I login:

A Plex Media Server update is available for the server Raspberry Plex! 1.9.2.4285

I don't have idea how to upgrade

Thank in advance for your answer

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just put the new package in the repo. Should show up in your updates if you click Check in the updates tab.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!