NO Webui after upgrade

• Hi guys

I've just upgraded to v3 from v2 via omv-release-upgrade, the process seemed to go alright and I can still access my shares and open the login screen but when I try to log in it failes with the following error message

Error #0:exception 'OMV\Rpc\Exception' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:140Stack trace:#0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)#5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()#6 {main}

Any help would be much appreciated

Graeme

• As requested thanks

• As requested thanks

root@Garage-NAS:~# dpkg -l | grep openm*
    ii libgnutls-openssl27:amd64 3.3.8-6+deb8u6 amd64 GNU TLS library - OpenSSL wrapper
    ii libltdl7:amd64 2.4.2-1.11+b1 amd64 System independent dlopen wrapper for GNU libtool
    ii lsof 4.86+dfsg-1 amd64 Utility to list open files
    ii openmediavault 3.0.80 all Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii openmediavault-syncthing 1.9.2 all Syncthing plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openssh-blacklist-extra 0.4.1+nmu1 all list of non-default blacklisted OpenSSH RSA and DSA keys
    ii openssh-client 1:6.7p1-5+deb8u3 amd64 secure shell (SSH) client, for secure access to remote machines
    ii openssh-server 1:6.7p1-5+deb8u3 amd64 secure shell (SSH) server, for secure access from remote machines
    ii openssh-sftp-server 1:6.7p1-5+deb8u3 amd64 secure shell (SSH) sftp server module, for SFTP access from remote machines
    ii openssl 1.0.1t-1+deb8u6 amd64 Secure Sockets Layer toolkit - cryptographic utility
    root@Garage-NAS:~#

• Offizieller Beitrag

apt-get purge openmediavault-keyring openmediavault-syncthing

Don't uninstall openmediavault-keyring.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Wondering if you guys can help me out as well. I'm in the same boat: upgraded from 2.x to 3.x and the admin Web GUI won't load.

Here's the output of the 'dpkg -l | grep openmediavault*' command:

root@myserver:~# dpkg -l | grep openmediavault*
    ii openmediavault 3.0.82 all Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    root@myserver:~#

I already followed the previous advice and purged the ClamAV and Netatalk packages that were installed. Now I still have no GUI and I don't know what to do, frankly.

Also the 'omv-engined -d -f' command does not return any errors. Appears to be clear sailing but still no GUI.

• SOLVED: Just had to restart the server after removing the offending packages. I did that with the 'shutdown' command. Now the admin web gui renders and I can log in successfully.

• Hi there!

I have the same error here:

Code
    Fehler #0:
    exception 'OMV\Rpc\Exception' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:140
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

I updated from the last 2.2.x version to 3.0.84 and got into the ntp issue which was described in anonther thread here in this forum.

Nevertheless I removed all plugins (omv-extras, autoshutdown, usbbackup, minidlna) although I don´t think that they were responsible for the problems:

Code
    dpkg -l | grep openm
    ii  openmediavault                      3.0.85                           all          Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-keyring              1.0                              all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive

After the upgrade to version 3.0.85, the ntp error was fixed and the update was successful. But now when I log in to web GUI, I get the error I mentiond above.

When I run "omv-engined -d -f" I get no error and I can login with the admin account...

But as soon as I CTRL-C the omv-engind command, I get errors again:

Code
    Fehler #0:
    exception 'OMV\Rpc\Exception' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:140
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('System', 'getInformation', Array, Array, 3)
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #2 {main}

Thanks in advance,
    Cyco

• Code
    df -h
    Dateisystem    Größe Benutzt Verf. Verw% Eingehängt auf
    udev             10M       0   10M    0% /dev
    tmpfs           1,2G    8,7M  1,2G    1% /run
    /dev/sda1        71G    2,0G   65G    3% /
    tmpfs           3,0G       0  3,0G    0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs           5,0M       0  5,0M    0% /run/lock
    tmpfs           3,0G       0  3,0G    0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    tmpfs           3,0G       0  3,0G    0% /tmp
    /dev/md127      5,4T    1,3T  4,2T   23% /media/555930f6-8a8f-4095-83fe-65aff3ed2804

Doesn´t look bad?

• Code
    dpkg --configure -a

No further lines after the command.

Code
    apt-get -f install
    Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
    Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.
    Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
    0 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 0 nicht aktualisiert.

I get this error message via email, every time I start/restart my omv server.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!