or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     openmediavault-cups : Depends: cups but it is not going to be installed
      Depends: ghostscript-cups
      Depends: printer-driver-gutenprint but it is not going to be installed
      Depends: printer-driver-hpcups but it is not going to be installed
      Depends: printer-driver-splix but it is not going to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages. Keep getting this issue, have done a cups purge, apt-clean, apt-get autoremove etc and it doesn't seem to fix it. Any pointers anyone?

HP N54L Microserver, 20Gb Intel SSD, 4Gb RAM runing OMV 4.X
    HP N54L Microserver 20Gb Intel SSD, 8Gb RAM running OMV 4.X
    and loads of other PC's and NAS... OMV by far the best....
    (P.S. I hate Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 Vista, XP, 2K, ME, 98se, 98 and 95 - I have lost hours of my life to this windows virus)

• root@openmediavault:~# dpkg --reconfigure -a
    dpkg: error: unknown option --reconfigure

Type dpkg --help for help about installing and deinstalling packages [*];
    Use 'apt' or 'aptitude' for user-friendly package management;
    Type dpkg -Dhelp for a list of dpkg debug flag values;
    Type dpkg --force-help for a list of forcing options;
    Type dpkg-deb --help for help about manipulating *.deb files;

Options marked [*] produce a lot of output - pipe it through 'less' or 'more' ! Tried all the apt-get etc..

(P.S. I hate Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 Vista, XP, 2K, ME, 98se, 98 and 95 - I have lost hours of my life to this windows virus)

• Thanks but still no joy...

• Changed sources list and am still persevering with this issue, I am closer to doing another fresh install on this server...

I would like to know how to resolve this though for future reference to get rid of the broken packages..

• Clean install, deleted old install with parted magic, ran the OMV install (from CD) which went through normally. Logged into GUI and set it up then one issue, could ping out, could access it on my network, so it appeared LAN was fine, but it wasn't (previous thread resolved by using a USB to LAN adaptor, non realteck chipset) and wouldn't update and OMV extras won't install. Once LAN issue resolve, updated, rebooted and tried to install OMV Extras - would not install through GUI, so installed it from CLI (correct one for OMV 3.X). Did and apt-get update, apt-get upgrdae and rebooted.
    Installed, PLEX, CLAM, WebDAV flawlessly. Tried CUPS and it keeps banging on about 'held broken packages'. Changed repos (UK ones seem to have issues, I have noticed over the last few years, when I change repo to a US based repo resolves most issues, but thats another thing). Tried updating, tried purging, tried distro upgrade. Next stop is reinstall... :(

• I was about to post and then noticed an entry for wheezy had snuck in (my fault), removed it and it did a firmware update on all the network cards? Rebooted and tried updating cups, it appears the omv-extras repo is down, so I will leave it for a bit and try again while I clean up the sources list. If this fails, its not a problem to reinstall and start again (CUPS is no big issue as I have attached the printer to my other server, I would just like to resolve this so I know if it happens again).

Edit:

Going down for a clean install...

Edit 2:

Clean install and all works like a charm.

Thanks for all your help and ideas....

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von MrT10001 ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!