Reattach RAID5 Array after clean insatall

• Hello,

I have decided that I will perform the clean Install of OMV3 instead of the upgrade from OMV2.

This leaves me now with questions regarding the following issues:

1. How do I reattach my RAID5 array once the system was installed?

What is the proper way to restore configuration for:
    1. Users
    2. Shared Folders
    3. SMB
    4. Docker
    5. MySQL Data Base
    6. Plex
    7. SMB

I would appreciate any advise, If you can point me to an existing post it would be great as well.

Thank you

• The only way is to use the file /etc/openmediavault/config.xml for reference. Of course it must be saved from the old system before installing the new system.
    It can´t be used directly.

Use "config.xml" in the search box (with both quotation marks!) and you will get a lot of hits regarding upgrade- or reinstallation.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Personally I always take some notes if I do a change on the OMV settings, also screen shots from the WebUI ecc.
    But generally there is no possibility to export the configuration and import it later again and I think that´s a pity.

It´s always a great effort to setup a system configuration after a clean install. Some kind of system support would be great!

I understand it may be complicated to exchange configuration settings between major OMV versions (e.g. OMV2 -> OMV3). But within a major version it would be a valuable feature. At least for the the basic openmediavault system, which @votdev is responsible for.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Thank you for the feedback.

I was digging in the forum for the "config.xml" and found many references.

I'm still missing the section about the RAID5, I didn't see it mentioned there.

Is there another file that contains the RAID5 structure? is there a guide that explains how to do it?

• i have a similar question, just a mirror.

does the OS know that they are mirrored somehow?

this is my plan:

poke around my system, take note of the plugins i have, configs, users, etc

turn off the computer, detach all storage

reinstall omv3 on the OS drive

try to get back in a similar state

then use docker to reinstall all the services i had such for my media as sonarr, emby etc.

is docker the way to go now? or do people still recommend the plugins? i know i had issues with emby on OMV2 so i had to install the debian way.

also i was trying to install gitlab last night and had issues. so i was going to try getting gitlab with docker, but the kernel isnt the right version for docker. the backports wasnt working, hence me upgrading

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!