stop ACL definitly

• How to stop and remove ACL ?
    ACL is something make more problems than solutions, by the way, i would like to definitlt remove/stop/uninstall ACL on omv3, and from configs on my drives. I'm vry tired with ACL problems.
    How to do that ?

walk where you want, but never on my feet. :)

• ok, but may it be possible to unset all drives?
    because if i need to connect on other computer, it is evil.
    This should be for me a reason to stop with openmediavault.

• In this case you are using your NAS incorrect. A NAS does not swap devices with other computers.

1/ The fact is that, this kind of answer doesn't help no one. And much more discredit openmediavault.

2/ My NAS is not an scsi hard drive connected, but a little odroid-xu4 connect on USB-3 HDDs, it has to first don't push power electric more than 20 W maximum. If i made a real NAS with scsi, for sure i will not use OMV, but FreeNAS/BSD OS (something more serious in fact). There is no society who use OMV as a NAS in fact.

But, the more important is that, learn that all over the world, all professionnal devs will tell you (and i tell you) that ACL is NOT a good design pattern, but a real incredible bad way to do things and if you use ACL it is because you do something wrong, because you no need that for do things safe and good.
    So, NAS or not, the problem here is ACL and not the fact i want to use sometime my files in other device than my little NAS. (for exemple, if i have a x265 encoded movie, because of no support for odroid-xu4 gpu with omv, i can not read this file on it... i have to connect on an other computer, at this time, ACL make me crazy)

It is not an opinion by the way, it is a fact that use ACL is a bad design pattern most of the time.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jerome___ ()

• You can flush ACL present in your disk by using the command line. After that just simply don't use it, stick to basic posix permission and privileges if you use samba, ftp and/or netatalk.

I think you should be able to disable at all the button by suoressing the acl option for your drive in fstab.

ok, yes, i will do that for wash all these dirty things stick my datas,then i will move far from OMV definitly.
    I'm not happy with this ACL obligations and this bad design pattern who is not serious at all. I'm also really surprise by the answer of one administrator of omv forum because this kind of deny/answer is very bad for OMV.
    Also, i see that the web UI is very bad coded and make your browser waiting most of the time and lag because of that... so, bye bye omv, hope for you to find real good devs for make things more serious.

• ok, yes, i will do that for wash all these dirty things stick my datas,then i will move far from OMV definitly.
    I'm not happy with this ACL obligations and this bad design pattern who is not serious at all. I'm also really surprise by the answer of one administrator of omv forum because this kind of deny/answer is very bad for OMV.
    Also, i see that the web UI is very bad coded and make your browser waiting most of the time and lag because of that... so, bye bye omv, hope for you to find real good devs for make things more serious.

See you mate, thanks for the memories

• Offizieller Beitrag

An important information to you. OMV does not force you to use ACL. It's a seperate dialog to administrate user privileges via ACL, so it is in your hand to use it. And it seems you decided to use it.

Also, i see that the web UI is very bad coded and make your browser waiting most of the time and lag because of that...

Details and examples, please.

There is no society who use OMV as a NAS in fact.

References please.

My NAS is not an scsi hard drive connected, but a little odroid-xu4 connect on USB-3 HDDs, it has to first don't push power electric more than 20 W maximum. If i made a real NAS with scsi, for sure i will not use OMV, but FreeNAS/BSD OS (something more serious in fact). There is no society who use OMV as a NAS in fact.

Oh, why not using FreeNAS with for your odroid. Wait, let me guess, it's a too low powered system to run it.

But, the more important is that, learn that all over the world, all professionnal devs will tell you (and i tell you) that ACL is NOT a good design pattern, but a real incredible bad way to do things and if you use ACL it is because you do something wrong, because you no need that for do things safe and good.

Any references please.

• An important information to you. OMV does not force you to use ACL. It's a seperate dialog to administrate user privileges via ACL, so it is in your hand to use it. And it seems you decided to use it.

yes, that's right, i thank it could be a not so bad storry, but by the time i see that it is a hell if you want next to use external HDD with other system to mount on it.
    also, just your first answer for question "how to stop ACL ?" was:
    "This is not possible because the access right management if completely based on ACL."
    so now, i'm a bit confuse. i think that i'm not really understanding you well.

For references, i think you can be able to search by yourself a little bit, don't be lazy guy, please. Do you said that without ACL you can not do exactly the same things you can do with ACL, but without any of problems the ACL provide ? (any references on that ? :) )

I not use FreeNAS on odroid-xu4 simply because there is no arm support, you can not (or maybe something new happen and i don't know it) make running FreeNAS on arm hardware.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jerome___ ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!