Samba ask for credential to explore resource.

• Hello everyone.
    I use OMV 3.0.80 and configure SMB\CIFS plugin to share several folders.

From windows I have to insert credential to see what is sharing form OMV.
    Even if I disable every shared folders windows ask for credential.

I would like configure SMB that everyone see what is sharing but when user like to insert to shared folder then he have to insert credential (for every folder other credential).

When I enable guest access to shared folder then I can see whole shared folder but when I want to insert to this folder windows inform me that I don't have permissions.
    He not ask for credential only informs that user doesn't have permissions.

• I tested this option before but when I set "Only Guests" in shared folder then of course everyone see whole shared folders but when I try enter to this shared folder windows display message:

"Windows cannot acces to \\myserver\shared_folder"
    "You don't have permisions to \\myserver\shared_folder"

Maybe something's wrong in ACL of this folder ?

• I don't want to disable password and make folder read/write for every one.
    I think you don't understand me.

Now I have in LAN OMV Samba server called for example MyServer.
    On this server I have create several users called: aaa, bbb, ccc
    Also I create several shared folders for example folder1, folder2, folder3

On OMV GUI in Acces Rights Manager -> Shared Folders I have create three shared folders "Folder1" "Folder2" ... with standard permissions Admin: read/write Users: read/write Other: Read only

In "Privileges" I select
    read/write for user aaa for folder1
    read/write for user bbb for folder2
    read/write for user ccc for folder3

In ACL I select
    for folder1
    owner: aaa read/write/execute
    groups: users read/execute
    others: read only
    Replace all existing permissions: YES
    Recursive: YES
    In Users/Group permission also select user aaa for red/write

The same settings for user bbb and ccc for folder2 and folder 3

I go to Services -> SMB/CIFS and enable this service
    Now I go to Shares and make three shared folders folder1 and so one.
    Now in Windows when I want to explore \\MyServer\ then Windows prompt me for credentials

I don't want to Windows ask me for user\password like now.
    I want everyone can acces to \\MyServer\ and can see three shared folders: folder1, folder2, folder3
    When I want to insert to \\MyServer\folder1 Windows should prompt for credentials.
    When I insert user aaa and his password I can explore folder1 but when I want explore folder2 I should insert user bbb and his password.
    What I do wrong.

Even if I delete whole shared folders from Services -> SMB/CIFS -> Shares and want to access \\MyServer\ Windows ask for credentials but he shouldn't because there isn't any shared folder.

• Hi jaros85

I m also looking for this type of configuration wonder you have find away to do this.

I have problem when omv samba user and windows user is same but password is different the user no longer have access to their share folder.
    Unless you set both username and password are same else i can find anyway to make it work.
    When you \\nas_ip it will prompt for username and password here u have to put username guest then you can browser all shared folder on omv but when you try to click
    on the other folder it will also prompt for username and password here the vaild username and password folder the folder are unable to access.

Please share your experience

OMV 3.0.88

OMV user = abc password = 0123
    Windows user = abc password = 12345

tks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!