Proudly presented . . . me and my NAS

• Hello,

after a week of tinkering with hardware, tryouts of NAS4Free and OMV and a few headaches my homemade NAS is now ready for service.
    I have decided to go for OMV for it worked 'out of the box' more succesfully than NAS4Free.
    The configuration of my system is as follows:

Motherboard: ASRock H270M-ITX/ac
    Processor: Intel Pentium G4500
    Memory: 1x Kingston ValueRam 8GB(1x8GB) DDR4 2133MHz CL1
    System Drive: SANDISK 128 GB SSD X400 M.2
    Data Drives: 4x Seagate NAS 3TB
    Case: Fractal Design Node 304
    Power: Be quiet! PURE POWER 10 400W CM
    UPS: Eaton Ellipse ECO 1600

The NAS is mainly for backup and source for a Noxon internet radio and a Mede8er mediaplayer. Also I'm going to use it to sync important files with online backup.
    The sync-job was the reason to build my own NAS. I have used a QNAP TS-412, but lately I got more annoyed with every firmware update. QNAP spend more effort to fill it up with eye candy in the GUI than proper functionallity.
    The eye candy slows down the GUI and with the last firmware update rSync and RTRR stopped working. That was the last drop and so here I am ^^

I still have some issues with OMV that do not function as it should, but I hope to find the solutions on this forum.

• Offizieller Beitrag

How's the ups working? Out of the box for nut? I been looking at Eaton as they have good support with ups nut apparently.
    Yours is quite big, so I am looking half or third capacity of the one you have.

• The UPS it self is fine. It's running now for a year and battery capacity is still 100%. Because of the many connections and surge protection I got rid of a lot of cables and separate surge protection units.
    After installing nut the first time the montoring of the UPS did not work, but after updating and restarting the NAS it is now OK.

I have this in the driver config directives:
    driver=usbhid-ups
    port=auto
    pollinterval=10

But I only get Charge and Load graphs, not Temperature and Voltage. Probably the UPS does not issue these, as my QNAP did not report them either.

The only thing I have to sort out is the behaviour after a power failure. Nut also switches off the UPS, which I don't want to happen. I need time to switch off my PC, also on UPS, if nescesary.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!