Installation on an HP Proliant Microserver N54L

• Just acquired 2 HP Microservers, an N36l and an N54l. I have flashed the BIOS to a custom ROM to get more options and enable ACHI. On installation of OMV 3.X at the disc detection stage, if my SSD is on the HP SATA port designated for the ODD, it is not detected. However plugging it into one of the hard drive slots, install goes smoothly. I have moved the drive back to the ODD sata slot and it boots up and all is well.

Any idea why it is not detected on the ODD slot during installation? The BIOS see's it just fine and ACHI is all setup and working. If I have to reinstall, I just don't want to strip down the server to install OMV and then put the drive back (these will be my test servers).

HP N54L Microserver, 20Gb Intel SSD, 4Gb RAM runing OMV 4.X
    HP N54L Microserver 20Gb Intel SSD, 8Gb RAM running OMV 4.X
    and loads of other PC's and NAS... OMV by far the best....
    (P.S. I hate Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 Vista, XP, 2K, ME, 98se, 98 and 95 - I have lost hours of my life to this windows virus)

• The MicroServer always boots from the first disk in the AHCI mode

Ah, problem lies here, the ODD sata port is always the 5th slot.. His workaround is to use a USB stick as the boot device which points to the 5th SSD. I may get a SATA add in card to circumvent this issue and set the boot drive from that.

Thank you for that pointer.

HP N54L Microserver, 20Gb Intel SSD, 4Gb RAM runing OMV 4.X
    HP N54L Microserver 20Gb Intel SSD, 8Gb RAM running OMV 4.X
    and loads of other PC's and NAS... OMV by far the best....
    (P.S. I hate Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 Vista, XP, 2K, ME, 98se, 98 and 95 - I have lost hours of my life to this windows virus)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!