Cannot remove user quota entries: quota array in config.xml not properly trimmed when size decreases?

• I'm experimenting with user quotas. I can't seem to remove a quota.

I can change a quota, but when I try to remove it by erasing the "Quota" field in the quota editor, or entering a 0, it still stays in the /etc/openmediavault/config.xml file after saving. Re-opening the quota editor, the quota is still there with the value before editing it.

Am I maybe missing something? What's the proper way to remove a quota, or is this a bug?

• Additional info: I created quotas for multiple users, and after fiddling a while with them, "usrquota" entries in config.xml got duplicated. Can't reproduce the exact circumstances though.

Also: When I click the "Reset" button, the window is cleared and nothing more happens.

This quite looks like a bug to me. ;)

• Yep, sure have. The quota edit box correctly shows "--" when I enter a 0 and click Save. But the data in config.xml stays the same when I click the "lower left" Save.

I can reproduce the behavior (especially the empty window after clicking Reset) both on my physical NAS PC, and on a VirtualBox virtual machine I freshly installed with OMV3.

• To double-check, I just created a fresh VirtualBox VM with OMV 3.0.79 (haven't updated it yet after installation).

Did the installation with just one 16 GB virtual HDD. Installed Midnight Commander.

Added second HDD of 100 GB ("data1") and created a file system. OMV did not create the "aquota.group" and "aquota.user" files in its root.

Created a user "user1".

Went to the quota editor for data1. user1 is shown. Clicked Reset, the windows is cleared, user1 disappears.

Entered quota editor again, set quota for user1 to 500 MB, clicked Save + Save. Entry in config.xml appears correctly.

Without clicking APPLY, entered quota editor again. Replaced the 500 with "0", clicked Save. 0 is correctly replaced with "--". Clicked the other "save". Checked "config.xml", user1 quota entry is still there!

Tested the same again, this time I clicked APPLY after setting the quota to 500 MB. Now, "aquota.user" was correctly created.

Then, again, after setting the quota to 0, no change to config.xml. "config.xml.001" is created (supposedly to be able to "revert"), and is exactly identical to config.xml.

• More info: I updated to OMV 3.0.82 and used Edge instead of Firefox: No change.

I was able to reproduce the "duplicate user entry" behavior:

I created three users, "user1", "user2" and "user3". I cleared the quota entries from config.xml to start fresh.

I set the quota for user1, then user2, then user3, to 1 MB. Those entries appeared correctly in config.xml.

I then set the quota for user1 to 0. Result: config.xml now contains entries for "user2, user3, user3"! Then I set the quota for user2 to 0. Result: config.xml now contains "user3, user3, user3".

It seems to me like the number of entries in that "array" does not get properly trimmed when user entries are deleted? Like, user1 and user2 disappeared, the first entry of the array is now occupied by user3, but the entries 2 and 3 do not get trimmed? This should be easily reproducible for you.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!