OMV Host not seen in "Network" in Windows 10 File Explorer

• OMV 3.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• OMV Host not seen in "Network" in Windows 10 File Explorer

I am having a difficult time getting the Hostname of my OMV installation on my Windows 10 Creators Update Edition to show up in File Explorer. I recently rebuilt both my OMV install and my Windows 10 install. I can access my OMV install via \\Hostname\Share but I am unable to map drives because it does not see the host in "Network." My Advanced Sharing options are:

Private
      Turn on network discovery
      Turn on automatic setup
      Turn on file and printer sharing
      Allow Windows to manage homegroup connections

Public
      Turn on network discovery
      Turn on file and printer sharing

All Networks
      Turn on sharing so (I have also used Turn off Public folder sharing, no change)
      Use 128-bit encryption
      Turn on password protected sharing

All of the other windows 10 machines (including creators update) can see the OMV Hostname in File Explorer.

Any help would be appreciated.

John
      San Pedro, CA
    • Make sure the workgroup names are equal.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • My router (pfSense) is using DHCP with a static mapping to the OMV machine and DHCP to other machines on network. So the submask and the IPv4 are both assigned by the router.

But thank you, Geaves, your workaround does work. (I didn't realize that option was available. I thought you had to go through the "This PC>Computer>Map Network Drive. It's good to know there is more than one way to skin a rabbit. Not that I have ever skinned a rabbit, mind you.
    • On the left hand side of file explorer there is another heading Network, that should display every machine on your network....another way is to do as you described This PC>>>Computer , but select Add a network location, then follow the wizard and you should have a shortcut to omv under quick access.
      But as you say there's more than one way to skin a rabbit :)
    • For help with Windows 10 file explorer being able to see OMV shares, look at this -> How To.
      Good backup takes the "drama" out of computing
    • Users Online 1

1 Guest