strange influence cups - nut-server

• Hallo all,

I noticed a strange problem: each day at 7:35 I get a message "PID nut-server changed", which means nut-server is restarted, right?.
    I think this is caused by anacron, which does a restart of CUPS (I am not sure if this is by design or if this is already some kind of error?), and after this, the PID of nut-server changes and gives a notification message.
    This happens since I activated the CUPS printing plugin and I have no idea about the relation between this two plugins. I can reproduce this by switching off the printing plugin, this also causes a "PID nut-server changed" message.

Any idea what is going wrong?

Thanks and greetings

Franz

• I have checked the syslog, unfortunately there is no hint about "logrotate", see syslog file below (the gap in the middle is where one syslog stops and the next one begins, which is at about 7:35 when I get the nut-ser PID change message).
    I try to understand: logrotate switch to a new logfile (lets say rename /var/log/cups/error_log to error_log.1), create a new error_log and in its postrotate action it restart cups, right?
    But I have not found some logrotate configuration about "nut" and the "nut" log file seems not to be rotated at all (at least not for longer than a half year), so who is restarting the nut-server and why is this since I installed the cups plugin?

BTW: the cups/error_log shows me some error (could this cause any problem?):

Code
    E [17/Jul/2017:23:18:11 +0200] Unknown directive BrowseOrder on line 13 of /etc/cups/cupsd.conf.
    E [17/Jul/2017:23:18:11 +0200] Unknown directive BrowseAllow on line 14 of /etc/cups/cupsd.conf.
    E [17/Jul/2017:23:18:11 +0200] Unknown directive BrowseRemoteProtocols on line 15 of /etc/cups/cupsd.conf.
    E [17/Jul/2017:23:18:11 +0200] Unknown directive BrowseAddress on line 16 of /etc/cups/cupsd.conf.
    E [17/Jul/2017:23:18:11 +0200] Unknown browse protocol "CUPS" ignored.

Thank you for your help!

• I did some more testing ... checked /etc/logrotate.d/cups-daemon, here the postrotate actions says: "invoke-rc.d --quiet cups restart > /dev/null", when I do this manually by entering the command "invoke-rc.d cups restart" in the shell, I get the same result, the nut-server is restarted, so it seems to be the case that cups restarting causes also a restart of nut-server and I get the PID changed messsage. Why this is the case? Where is the relation between this two services? And how can I solve this?

Thank your for your help!

• I have seen a similar behavior in "Anacron job 'cron.daily''' mail. It seems that the urbackup-server.service is also influenced by logrotate:

Code
    /etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
    Failed to kill unit urbackup-server.service: Unit urbackup-server.service is not loaded.
    error: error running non-shared postrotate script for /var/log/urbackup.log of '"/var/log/urbackup.log" '
    run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1

In this special case the urbackup-server plugin is installed but the service is not running. Therefore I understand the message, that the service is not loaded:

Is it a regular behavior when cron.daily is executed logrotate wants to kill some services?

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!