Filebrowser GUI

• OMV 3.x
    • Filebrowser GUI

The down side of manage files from another computer is that you can't shut it down until the file copying is done.

I also wonder if the client computer is using it's memory during file copying or is it the server's memory/CPU that does the work?

With an filebrowser in OMV i could start an huge file copying and just leave it be untill it's done.

Any thoughts on this?
    • petercopm wrote:

With an filebrowser in OMV i could start an huge file copying and just leave it be untill it's done.
      As I know there is no interactive file manager included in OMV where you can do that job "out-of-the-box". There are several other options, by which can do this job, like using rsync and / or the remote mount plugin.
      OMV rsync tutorial

Personally I do this kind of job via SSH shell with 'screen' as a terminal session manager. Within this session I use Midnight Commander for the copy job. Then I can disconnect from the screen session which is still running in the background. I have used this to copy a large amount of data from several locally connected USB disks to the NAS ZFS pool. To transfer data from my former NAS I was using the remote mount plugin additionally.
      OMV 3.0.78 (Gray style)
      ASRock Rack C2550D4I - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1)- Fractal Design Node 304