Filebrowser GUI

• The down side of manage files from another computer is that you can't shut it down until the file copying is done.

I also wonder if the client computer is using it's memory during file copying or is it the server's memory/CPU that does the work?

With an filebrowser in OMV i could start an huge file copying and just leave it be untill it's done.

Any thoughts on this?

• With an filebrowser in OMV i could start an huge file copying and just leave it be untill it's done.

As I know there is no interactive file manager included in OMV where you can do that job "out-of-the-box". There are several other options, by which can do this job, like using rsync and / or the remote mount plugin.
    OMV rsync tutorial

Personally I do this kind of job via SSH shell with 'screen' as a terminal session manager. Within this session I use Midnight Commander for the copy job. Then I can disconnect from the screen session which is still running in the background. I have used this to copy a large amount of data from several locally connected USB disks to the NAS ZFS pool. To transfer data from my former NAS I was using the remote mount plugin additionally.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!