USB Backup Plugin error

• Hi !
    I use my OMV Nas to save all my data and I've try to set up backups, but I'm stuck with a strange error with the usbBackup plugin.

I'm on OMV 3 (the latest version I found). I've done all the updates and I have omvExtras installed. All of this run on a Optiplex 755 SFF with a pentium E2160, 512M of RAM and two hardrive of 1To each.
    One of the two hardrive is hotswapable, I want to make my backups on it. The goal is taht when I plug it in, the backup job start and when it's finish I unplug it. For now it's connected by sata, but only because my sata cable is not long enough to reach the eSata port.

The issue is that when I try to set a backup job with the usb backup plugin, I get this error : ": Missing 'required' attribute 'devicefile'.". First I was thinking : "well my HDD is connected by sata so maybe that's the problem", but I got the same error with an usb stick.

I've made a lot of research and nobody talk about that (or I haven't found the thread), I've reinstall several times the plugin and the system, I've tried to understand the program but that's way to difficult for me.
    I out of ideas so I try to ask for help here.

detailled error :

Erreur #0:
    exception 'OMV\Json\SchemaValidationException' with message ': Missing 'required' attribute 'devicefile'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc:618
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(395): OMV\Json\Schema->checkProperties(Object(stdClass), Array, '')
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(285): OMV\Json\Schema->validateObject(Object(stdClass), Array, '')
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(257): OMV\Json\Schema->validateType(Object(stdClass), Array, '')
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/paramsvalidator.inc(59): OMV\Json\Schema->validate('{"enable":true,...')
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(170): OMV\Rpc\ParamsValidator->validate('{"enable":true,...')
    #5 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/usbbackup.inc(177): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->validateMethodParams(Array, 'rpc.usbbackup.s...')
    #6 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceUsbBackup->set(Array, Array)#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('set', Array, Array)
    #9 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UsbBackup', 'set', Array, Array, 1)
    10 {main}

• Offizieller Beitrag

The problem is that the browser request does not include the required information. Please make sure to check the following:

• Clear your browser cache, old JS code from OMV2 might be cached and causes some troubles
    • Report back the request data of your browser (press F12 to start the developer tools) when you press the 'OK' button. In Chrome you'll get listet all requests in the 'Network' tab. Look out for a request with 'UsbBackup' and 'set'

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!