How to manage existing devices on new install

• Hi!

I've been running OMV 2.x for some time and have all my data on a RAID-device, /dev/md127. I used to have this mounted at /media/<UUID>.

Now I've done a clean reinstall with latest OMV, all working great. When looking at the File system tab in the web manager interface, the RAID device is found. However, when I mount it, it gets mounted at a mountpoint under /srv. Now, is this a new default behavior, just to accept and keep using it, or is there a neat way to switch back to my previous mount point under /media?

I was thinking of removing the device - but do I lose all the data if I do that (quite unsure what "delete device" means here)?

Magnus

• Offizieller Beitrag

is this a new default behavior

Yes.

just to accept and keep using it

I would.

is there a neat way to switch back to my previous mount point under /media

Add OMV_MOUNT_DIR="/media" to /etc/default/openmediavault. Then any new filesystem that is mounted from the OMV web interface will use /media

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!