How to manage existing devices on new install

• OMV 3.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to manage existing devices on new install

Hi!

I've been running OMV 2.x for some time and have all my data on a RAID-device, /dev/md127. I used to have this mounted at /media/<UUID>.

Now I've done a clean reinstall with latest OMV, all working great. When looking at the File system tab in the web manager interface, the RAID device is found. However, when I mount it, it gets mounted at a mountpoint under /srv. Now, is this a new default behavior, just to accept and keep using it, or is there a neat way to switch back to my previous mount point under /media?

I was thinking of removing the device - but do I lose all the data if I do that (quite unsure what "delete device" means here)?

Magnus
    • magnusl wrote:

is this a new default behavior
      Yes.

magnusl wrote:

just to accept and keep using it
      I would.

magnusl wrote:

is there a neat way to switch back to my previous mount point under /media
      Add OMV_MOUNT_DIR="/media" to /etc/default/openmediavault. Then any new filesystem that is mounted from the OMV web interface will use /media
      omv 3.0.85 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.9 backport kernel | omvextrasorg 3.4.26
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • magnusl wrote:

Now, is this a new default behavior, just to accept and keep using it, or is there a neat way to switch back to my previous mount point under /media?
      /srv is the mount directory according to Linux filesystem hierarchie. What do you think is wrong with this?
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit