Unable to read ntp.service - WebGUI broken

• Hi all!
    I updated my OMV installation on an rpi3 yesterday through the web GUI. It gave me a few error messages (that is just *** ERROR ***, no info on it). After that, I could no longer access the WebGUI. At first, even the Login Page was blank (just the blue background). After running omv-firstaid and setting the WebGUI port to 80 the login page would load again, but after logging in, the WebGUI displays just a blank page with the OMV logo to the top left.

OMV itself is running and I can access all my drives through smb, but no WebGUI.

I tried to reinstall OMV apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade && omv-update which ultimately gives me an error upon updating the configuration
    /usr/bin/deb-systemd-helper: error: unable to read ntp.service. Consequently openmediavault fails to configure

Code
    /usr/bin/deb-systemd-helper: error: unable to read ntp.service
    dpkg: error processing package openmediavault (--configure):
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1

and thus openmediavault-extrasorg, openmediavault-backup, openmediavault-clamav, openmediavault-nginx, openmediavault-resetperms and openmediavault-rsnapshot fails to configure due to unmet dependencies.

the ntp service is running, restarting it didnt fix the issue.

So as far as I understand it, the WegGUI doesn't work because nginx isn't configured properly (as is everything else). It seems like using omv-firstaid and resetting the port at least fixed part of the config file, but clearly not everything.

Any idea how to fix ntp.service?

Oh and I'm not very good at linux so please be patient. :D

Thanks!!

• Same problem here, updated from debian 8.6 to debian 8.8

OMV is installed in a qemu virtual machine

apt update

apt upgrade

uname -a

Bash
    garland-omv[0]:~$ uname -a
    Linux garland-omv 4.9.0-0.bpo.3-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.30-2+deb9u2~bpo8+1 (2017-06-27) x86_64 GNU/Linux

debian_version

Bash
    garland-omv[0]:~$ cat /etc/debian_version

sources.list

openmediavault.list

Bash
    garland-omv[0]:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list
    deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public/ erasmus main
    deb https://openmediavault.github.io/packages/ erasmus main
    # deb http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/openmediavault/packages/ erasmus main
  • cpuinfo

ntp.service

• Offizieller Beitrag

Uaahhh, looks like a bug in deb-systemd-helper to me. The ntp package does not contain a systemd service unit file, thus it is auto-created by the systemd-sysv scripts. When the ntp.service unit is enabled/disabled, then i assume it will run into the mask/unmusk issue mentioned in https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubu…stem-helpers/+bug/1439793.

• Same here ....

Code
    Updating configuration database ...
      Running migration conf_3.0.68
    Updating configuration ...
    /usr/bin/deb-systemd-helper: error: unable to read ntp.service
    dpkg: erreur de traitement du paquet openmediavault (--configure)Â :
     le sous-processus script post-installation installé a retourné une erreur de sortie d'état 1
    dpkg: des problèmes de dépendances empêchent la configuration de openmediavault-omvextrasorg :
     openmediavault-omvextrasorg dépend de openmediavault (>= 3.0.67) ; cependant :
     Le paquet openmediavault n'est pas encore configuré.
  • As a workaround, create a file called /lib/systemd/system/ntp.service and enter the following:

Do your update:

Code
    sudo apt upgrade

Then just remove the file again:

Code
    sudo rm /lib/systemd/system/ntp.service
  • Awesome! Thanks a lot samsquanch - this solved the issue. Update now successful.

also thanks to everyone else for the help..!

- set to resolved.

As a workaround, create a file called /lib/systemd/system/ntp.service and enter the following:

Do your update:

Code
    sudo apt upgrade

Then just remove the file again:

Code
    sudo rm /lib/systemd/system/ntp.service

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!