My First NAS home made !

• Offizieller Beitrag

Pics? Were you able to get OMV installed on the nvme? Or is this just what you want to build?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Good. Now we just need pics of the NAS itself :)

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Fractal Node 304, good case ... but why the Kaby Lake T-Version? i5-7400 would have been a better choice.

In Node 304 fits even a Thermaltake Macho tower cooler. I have a Xeon E3-1230 V5 in my Node, its a 80 Watts CPU. (FreeNAS system, my second NAS is a AMD 5350 with OMV)

Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought.
    It always defeats order, because it is better organized.
    Terry Pratchett

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von riff-raff ()

• That is an erroneous belief. i5-7400 and i5-7400T use the same energy when idle and your NAS will be basicly idle 90% of the time. The T-Version is for compact cases where the 65 Watts of the i5-7400 can not be cooled. Therefore you lack power reserves. Since the the i5-7400T takes more time to finish a scheduled job it will consume less power than the i5-7400, but for a longer time. Its an integral, the amount of energy is the same, but the peak is lower, just for the reason of cooling. technikaffe.de issued a review of a T and a Non-T-Processor. It's a translate from German. Check TDP article for reference as well.

T-Version = More money for less power. Only reasonable when cooling capacities are limited.

Terry Pratchett

• Thats right, the i5-7400T is still a good processor. Even much less powerful CPUs can handle OMV with ease.

Terry Pratchett

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!