iMac not seeing NAS

• I'm new to this so please keep it simple.

Ive built myself a sever and loaded the latest version on all seems to work brilliantly with one fault my iMac keeps loosing the connection to the server after about a day and I have to reboot the server in order to connect. All ip address's are static and my dvd player and TV's can see the sever connect and play films/music but on the iMac I just get connection failed whether I browse to the directories through finder or type the ip address into safari. I also have the server set to wake on Lan and published the directories using AFP.

Anyone got any ideas as to why.

Karl

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Why don't you set up a SMB/CIFS share and see if you have the same issues. If not you might want to think about using SAMBA instead of AFP.

I think Mac's can read/write NFS shares, so that should be an option as well.

Wasn't there some kind of problem w/ the AFP plugin not to long ago? I think it was somehow incompatible with Time Machine or something. I can't recall specifics, as frankly I didn't care because I don't own a Mac.

You might try searching the bug database, as I know there's been some AFP bugs.. maybe one has reared it's ugly head again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is your iMac connected wirelessly? I just installed the afp plugin and my mac mini works fine (running OS X 10.8).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The iMac is connected by wire and I get the same issue when I set up file sharing using SMB/CIFS, i'll give the NFS a go and see what happens.

The connection drops after about 24 hours if I don't connect to the NAS during that time, rebooting the iMac makes no difference either I have to reboot the NAS.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "karlosski"

The iMac is connected by wire and I get the same issue when I set up file sharing using SMB/CIFS, i'll give the NFS a go and see what happens.

The connection drops after about 24 hours if I don't connect to the NAS during that time, rebooting the iMac makes no difference either I have to reboot the NAS.

If it's happening with Samba and AFP, it's unlikely NFS will yield different results.

Try starting a thread in the proper forum (ie, this is for posting pics of your build)... I'd suggest either installation or in the CIFS forum.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Moved.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

I think the problem with AFP depends on which Apple OS you are running. But I'm not an Apple fanboy, so I can't say.

Keep an eye on this thread. There may be something else at play here:

http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1912

The problem with SMB if you are on a Mac is that the DMG is being mounted as R/W whenerver you mount it. So hash will be different after you unmount it,This is not good if the DMG is OS.. Even you toggle the DMG to LOCK state, it still being mounted as R/W.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!