Custom Email Notification

• I had a power outage while I was away from home this morning. Conveniently, nut sends me emails letting me know there was a power failure and again when OMV is shutting down. It would be nice to know when the power has been restored as well. I do not have enough working knowledge of OMV or Linux to know how to set up a custom notification to be triggered when OMV starts up. Can someone help or at least point in the right direction?

• It would be nice to know when the power has been restored as well.

Did you configure your OMV System that it starts again when the power has been restored?

To trigger a notification in that case the system has to store the information that it was shut downed because of a power outage before. Not sure if this is provided.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Did you configure your OMV System that it starts again when the power has been restored?

To trigger a notification in that case the system has to store the information that it was shut downed because of a power outage before. Not sure if this is provided.

Yes, The system starts when power is restored. I don't necessarily need to save the reason it was shut down because it runs 24/7. An email notification every time the system starts would suffice.

• An email notification every time the system starts would suffice.

I think that should be solveable by a little script executed at startup. I think in 'scheduled jobs' there is an option to create a job which is executed then.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• I think that should be solveable by a little script executed at startup. I think in 'scheduled jobs' there is an option to create a job which is executed then.

Thanks. I did this and it worked. I tried to put my script in one of the directories where startup scripts go (init.d, rcS.d) but could not get it to work but the web UI method worked.

• For future reference you can add shell code to /etc/rc.local

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• For future reference you can add shell code to /etc/rc.local

Yes, this is another method. I remember to have a script called in rc.local which deletes the samba recycle bin after some days because the option in the samba share settings I could not get it to work. Maybe because my system isn´t running 24/7.

I tried to put my script in one of the directories where startup scripts go (init.d, rcS.d)

This didn´t work for me also. Then I found the solution with /etc/rc.local ... and later the possibility in "scheduled jobs".

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!