Virtualbox plugin - Can't connect with Remote Desktop to Windows 7 Virtual Machine

• I created a Windows 7 VM with Virtualbox on a separate machine. I copied it over to my new OMV installation with the Virtualbox plugin installed. When i created the VM earlier in the week (not in OMV) i was able to connect to it through remote desktop from a separate computer. I can connect to the VM through vnc, but not RDP. I have all the remote connection settings on the VM set the same as before, i even disabled the firewall thinking it was a windows firewall issue. If anybody could shed some light on my problem I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Brian

• Offizieller Beitrag

I had the same problem if you search the forum the solution is to run the following from command line;
    VBoxManage extpack uninstall VNC

I think I restarted OMV, although disable...save...apply then enable may also work....BTW for me after that the console worked as well.

• I had the same problem if you search the forum the solution is to run the following from command line;
    VBoxManage extpack uninstall VNC

I think I restarted OMV, although disable...save...apply then enable may also work....BTW for me after that the console worked as well.

Tried the above command, rebooted the machine, and disabled the virtualbox plugin, applied changes, then re-enabled the virtualbox plugin and saved changes from within OMV admin panel dashboard thing as well and I still can't connect. the error i get in the connection log is:

"connecting to sesman ip 127.0.0.1 port 3350, sesman connect ok, sending login info to session manager, please wait....,xrdp_mm_process_login_response: login failed"

i checked my auth.log, and I am seeing some xrdp entries:

"check pass; user unknown
    authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty= ruser= rhost="

Do i need to do some more configuring? Am I connecting incorrectly? I am trying to connect from a WIndows 7 desktop. In the windows Remote Desktop i enter the user name and password I use to login to the VM WIndows 7, I would assume that's correct.

• Offizieller Beitrag

No, you either use omvhostname:portnumber or ipaddressomv:port number, that's it, the port number being the one you set up.

I can RDP from W10 or Mint.

EDIT; I may have misunderstood....so from OMV you select the VB plugin, then on the menu bar click phpVirtualBox and you're getting that login error?

• No, you either use omvhostname:portnumber or ipaddressomv:port number, that's it, the port number being the one you set up.
    I can RDP from W10 or Mint.
    EDIT; I may have misunderstood....so from OMV you select the VB plugin, then on the menu bar click phpVirtualBox and you're getting that login error?

OMG!!! Thank you for that...I just realized i was using the OMV box IP address and not the IP address of the WIndows VM...it's one of those days. Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!