Disk Referenced and cannot chown

• Hello there,
    i',m new here so bear with me,
    i just installed OMV 3 on my RasPi3 and i installed plexserver too
    i attached three usb hdds with a powered usb hub, using one of them for TimeMachine which works like a charm
    another one seems ok, but the last one which is the most important one to me and has a lot of videos (movies, tv show,..) which i want to use with plex seems to have a problem.
    first, it's shown as referenced in my filesystem tab, but i don't have any shared folder except my timemachine, and i don't have any users so no home directories, and nothing else
    second, i can't add it as my plex server database volume, cause when i apply the changes it shows a long error about trying to chown the disk and not being able because of operation not permitted
    i also tried to chown disk with CLI as root which i was not able to do,
    what is the problem?

• no it's not NTFS, it's FAT32
    even if it was NTFS the chown should still work, right?

By the way, i re installed the whole thing, started from scratch and still no luck.. the disk is no longer referenced but when i try to enable plex, it shows error about chown

and it works just fine if i choose another one of my disk as database volume!!! how is that even possible?

• I'm also thinking now about Plex. There was only one guy I knew of that was porting it for the RPis. He stopped working on it over a year ago. What instructions did you use to intsall plex?

We see problems all the time when people are trying to use linux filesystem commands on non native linux filesystems. I would only recommend doing this on linux filesystems (e.g. ext4 or XFS).

• I'm also thinking now about Plex. There was only one guy I knew of that was porting it for the RPis. He stopped working on it over a year ago. What instructions did you use to intsall plex?

We see problems all the time when people are trying to use linux filesystem commands on non native linux filesystems. I would only recommend doing this on linux filesystems (e.g. ext4 or XFS).

I installed Plex via the plugin provided in GUI..

Anyway i Solved the problem and it had nothing to do with Plex!!! it's a problem that OpenMediaVault has with Fat32 format (vfat).

just did this:

Bash
    sudo nano /etc/fstab

and changed the line that OMV created for Fat32 formatted disk from:

Bash
    /dev/disk/by-label-Plex /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Plex vfat defaults,nofail 0 2

to:

Bash
    /dev/disk/by-label-Plex /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Plex vfat auto,users,nofail,dmask=000,fmask=111 0 0

and then:

Bash
    chmod 755 -R /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Plex
    chown USER -R /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Plex

And then rebooted, and now it works just fine like my other disks that are formatted with Ext4, NTFS, HFS+

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!