OpenVPN Plugin installed and configured, not getting the remote shares to my files...

• Worked a few hours straight today trying to get my dang OpenVPN plugin working correctly, went through years worth of old threads trying to resolve this but I'm not getting anywhere.

Here's what I'm trying to do: One of my best friends wants to be able to access one of my shared folders on my OMV server that I use regularly with my main client PC running windows 10. I access this folder with SMB, so its just like any other folder on my windows system. Today I began the process of getting him connected to my network via the OpenVPN plugin. I set up a DDNS with no-ip, then configured the OpenVPN plugin. I made him his own user account in the GUI with read/execute access to that one folder on that one drive. From his computer, we installed OpenVPN and used the downloaded cert's to connect to my server. Connects fine, shows his IPV4 address is from my location, and lets me access my OMV Web UI from his browser. But in his "Network" connections, its not showing the server nor any of my other home computers that are on the LAN. He too is using Windows 10. After tinkering with some of the toggles and changing the DNS sever address to my router gateway, nothing changed. I cannot get the server's shared drives to even show up, let alone try and log in with his specific user account. Im pulling my hair out over here. Any help would be appreciated...

• I still can't get it to work... this is what I am shooting for: I have a stash of "adult" videos on one of my drives that I am trying to share with a buddy by letting him vpn into my home network. Now I understand how much easier it would be using something like Plex, I have Plex and have about 15 friends and family members connected to it, some signed in with my main account as it was just easier to link their devices instead of making them make their own account. So putting this drive onto the plex would be no bueno. Anyways, my thoughts were, if he tunneled in via VPN to my network, he would then be able to use VLC media player to play the video files on his computer/phone/tablet the same way I can when I am actually connected to my network. The problem is, I have no idea how to find the shared drive after connecting in through VPN. Both his computer and phone show that he is connected to my network, but thats as far as we can get.

Any help from some bros?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!