Problems with debian deamons not starting

• Hello,
    just installed OMV for the first time and I think it's a good tool especially since I needed snapraid.

However I am having some problems with debian daemons.

First problem occured when trying to setup notifications, I hunted down that it was postfix which was not started. Found out that if I removed start-stop-daemon from the init.d files the daemons actually started. Do not really like changing init files from the OS but well it fixed postgress in a fugly way.

Starting to look into the graphs and they were not showing, boiled down to collectd,rrdcahced not running. Same problem here, the daemons just dies. Systemd reports Active(exited) and I do not find anything in the logs.

I am guessing this has something todo with systemd and old init.d files.

Really do not feel to invest the time to write my own custom systemd scripts for debian and I guess others should have the same problem?

Haven't tried a dist-upgrade since I am waiting for my snapraid synch to finish.

• Offizieller Beitrag

None of this is typical for OMV. Did you install on an existing Debian install or an old usb stick or have a desktop environment installed?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!