OMV as a media server

• Trying to build a second PC to act as a Plex media server that downloads Tv shows/Movies with Sonarr and Radarr and a torrent like Deluge. Then uses Plex to stream them around apartment.

Some google searching brought some mentions that OMV could do some/all of this?

Would also like to be able to access OMV from my main PC to ensure PLex/Sonarr/radarr doing their thing, and maybe act as secondary storage.

Is OMV a good option? anyone have a setup guide for building this if possible?

Thanks

• Is OMV a good option? anyone have a setup guide for building this if possible?

Thanks

I'd guess that a large percentage of OMV users are doing this. The more advanced/experienced users probably do a lot more, as well, but OMV will certainly do what you're looking for. I'm personally about to switch from a Windows Server based solution to OMV. I played around in a virtual machine for a couple of weeks, though. There are sometimes little glitches or unexpected behavior that you may want to iron out before a live installation.

I'm preparing my media to do a new install of OMV either later tonight or tomorrow. Maybe I'll document my process. I'm no expert, so maybe it will be useful to beginners as I run into mistakes and try to work around them.

• I'd guess that a large percentage of OMV users are doing this. The more advanced/experienced users probably do a lot more, as well, but OMV will certainly do what you're looking for. I'm personally about to switch from a Windows Server based solution to OMV. I played around in a virtual machine for a couple of weeks, though. There are sometimes little glitches or unexpected behavior that you may want to iron out before a live installation.

I'm preparing my media to do a new install of OMV either later tonight or tomorrow. Maybe I'll document my process. I'm no expert, so maybe it will be useful to beginners as I run into mistakes and try to work around them.

great, yeah a never done this before guide would be super useful.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!