Plex Media Server Install help

• I am a newbie to OMV but have read tons. I am trying to get plexmedia server working or actually just get it installed. I have downloaded omv extras and uploaded it to my server through the web gui but then it never show up. New to Linux so didn't try doing it on the command line. Any advice appreciated. ?(

• do you have activate the plax repro in the omv-extras?

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Just an update on installing omv extras. When I go to plugin and select upload as I mentioned omv extras never shows up but when I select it to upload I noticed that it shows c:\fakepath\openmediavault etc etc. Is that where the problem is that it says fakepath.

• At this point it may be just easier to get the omvextras package onto the machine and then from the shell install it with dpkg -i

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• c:\fakepath\openmediavault etc etc

You have to select the downloaded omv-extrasorg package on your PC here. 'C:\....' is a path on a machine with MS OS.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Zitat von porkenstein

Just an update on installing omv extras. When I go to plugin and select upload as I mentioned omv extras never shows up but when I select it to upload I noticed that it shows c:\fakepath\openmediavault etc etc. Is that where the problem is that it says fakepath.

The fakepath will not cause a problem, as long as you've selected the correct omvextras file to upload it is fine.

• Don't know where else to do. I have tried several times to upload the omvextras and it looks like it does but it's never visible after upload. Oh well I can still use the server for computer backup but really wanted plex to work.

• Don't know where else to do. I have tried several times to upload the omvextras and it looks like it does but it's never visible after upload. Oh well I can still use the server for computer backup but really wanted plex to work.

After uploading, does it ask you to refresh the page? You should have a tab on the left directly under Plugins called OMV-Extras. Maybe try using an Incognito tab in Chrome to load your UI.

Don't give up so easily.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• just tried again. downloaded the file to my computer. Went to the omv control panel and to plugins. Selected upload and uploaded openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all.deb but when I refreshed the plug in is still not listed. I have worked on computers for years and normally can figure anything out but this has got me stumped

• As I said, you should just install the plugin by hand from the shell. Can you type these commands into the console?

Code
    wget http://omv-extras.org/openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all3.deb

dpkg -i openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all3.deb

Then look in the GUI on the left frame for the OMV-Extras item under System.

--

• The other thing I noticed is you say you uploaded openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all.deb but that is not the correct plugin for OMV3. You need openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all3.deb

--

• The other thing I noticed is you say you uploaded openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all.deb but that is not the correct plugin for OMV3. You need openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all3.deb

I just uploaded the file you said with same results. Now I will try doing it from the console and report back.

• Since you haven't mentioned what hardware you are running OMV 3 on, I'll ask.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!