After cold reboot samba share disappeared from network

• Hi folks.

I'm having a weird issue with my omv installation never experienced anything like that.
    I was playing around with my little nas with omv and the autoshutdown plugin/wake on lan, after a shutdown and reboot everything went bad.

The hard disk with the samba shares disappeared from my network.

I tried to troubleshoot it without success, what is even weird is that omv weblogin tells me the filesystem is mounted and everything is working fine, moreover if I ssh into my server looking for the mounted drive it's there in the /srv/ directory as it should be and I can see all the files (so I guess is not a problem of hard disk being dead, also is 0day new so..)

I tried also to force umount the hard disk with umount -l /srv/dev-ecc.ecc. and mount again everything went fine, but still I can't access samba on network.

I thought was an issue with iptables but I checked all the rules and they seems all fine.

I'm out of ideas..any help would be great!

some specs:

omv 3.0.86 (erasmus)
    kernel: 4.9.0-0.bpo.3-amd64

sda1 ext4 = SSD CORSAIR Force LS -> omv os
    sdb1 xfs = WD red 2 tb -> nas files (samba share plex movies and ecc. calibre and transmission download folder) this is the hard disk I'm having issues with
    sdc1 btrfs = WD blue 1 tb -> backup
    sdd1 xfs = WD blue 2 tb -> snapraid parity

Everything were smooth before the autoshutdown\wake on lan test and now I don't know what did went wrong any ideas? ?(

• After playing with a bit more it seems everything went back as it should 8|

Looking around the forum I found this thread OMV loss configuration not really my issue, but somewhat similar to the outcome so I just run the command suggeste by ryecoaaron

After reboot everything seems normal.

This is really strange I can't imagine for the life of me what did happened, about the topic what does omv-mkconf fstab really does to fstab? I tried to look at the code, but I didn't really understood it, I'm trying to figure out what was the matter.

Any thoughts or hints in the right direction on this?

• New shtudown and reboot t's happening again X/ .
    The samba share doesn't appear on network and again I can see the hard disk mounted through the ssh and files are there....

Anybody have ever experienced this?

Could it be the wd red 2 tb hard disk faulty?! (S.M.A.R.T. seems ok though o.O).

This time neither @ryecoaaron method of omv-mkconf fstab seems to work out to bring samba back.
    It also seems not related with the wd red nor the xfs filesystem, I tried to create different share on different hard disks with different filesystems and samba is still not reachable by my other computers on the network...

So it seems a samba problem indeed, still can't understand what's going on

• I think something went bad during the upgrade from omv 3 beta and the stable release, so I went ahead deleted everything and install omv from scratch, everything is back to normal now and works as it should be.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!