• Hello all,

So I am in a bit of a pickle. I am playing around with the OMV 3.0.86. I love it so far. Everything is working great except for one thing, and it might just be me. Here is a little breakdown of what I am trying to do. I am trying to host a small website on my NAS. I followed the tutorial setup for MySQL and Ngnix. I have it working for the most part. The only thing I cant figure out, or get OMV to do is "share a network folder" over the internet. I would like to be able to map a network drive on my laptop, and home desktop to the shared folder on my NAS for web designing. Now the thing is. My OMV NAS is setup at my parents house. Not at my house. So I will be connecting to it through the internet. I have opened ports 135, 137, 138, 139, and 445. I have very basic privileges setup (haven't tweaked with them to much). I have set my DNS on the SMB share to both my main routers IP address. As well as 8.8.8.8. I cant figure it out. No computer will remotely connect to my shared folder. I can FTP to the folder just fine. If that helps anything.

Thanks anyone for your help!

• Hello. Thanks for the quick reply. Ok. So I downloaded the OpenVPN plugin for OMV. I enabled it, put in my external ip, DNS, made a user, and extracted the cert file. I opened port 1194 on my router. Now when I try to connect through OpenVPN GUI. It just trys to keep reconnecting. I went to a online port scanning website, and tested my ports. the ones that are suppose to be are. Any other thoughts on what might be the cause? As of right now. all I can get to work it FTP, SSH, and my mainpage (index.html) on port 80. Oh and I can connect to the OMV GUI using port 81 remotely. I can connect to all those from my house. Nothing else though. I don't understand why I can FTP the website's folder, but I can't remote mount the folder on any of my computers.

• I would not mess with SMB through the net. I would install webmin and use the filemanager in it. The file manager will also let you correct chown and chmod, which you might have to do a lot with files transferred for a website. Port 10000 is the port that webmin uses. I do not open this port. I use OpenVPN AS to connect to my home(or remote) network. Then I use webmin normallly once connected to the remote network.

Also, if you are using a amd64 cpu I would make sure you are using the OpenVPN AS plugin. There are some instructions on the plugin and some posts in the Guide section. I would only use the community version of the plugin if I was using an ARM device.

Both of the plugins should not be installed at the same time. If you need to remove the community version:

apt-get purge openmediavault-openvpn

PS- Webmin will allow you to place the files where they need to go to, not just in a shared folder. The filemanager also lets you save quicklinks so you can get to the directory you want very quickly.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!