HP Microserver

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've seen a HP Microserver advertised on the famous auction site as a Turino II N40L which I'm guessing is the G7, I know very little about these but there is a lot of information out there. Are these capable of supporting something like an i3 rather than a Xeon (which seem to be rather scarce)....the starting price is very good compared to some I have seen and with it being collect only and not too far away it might be worth a punt....but not if it can't be upgraded.

• I use an n40L for OMV. Does the job nicely for me (I have squeezed in 6 hdds).
    Keep in mind this is running an AMD cpu so the i3 won't work unless you switch the motherboard.
    How cheap are these going for as it is quite an old micro server?
    Keep the info coming!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I use an n40L for OMV. Does the job nicely for me (I have squeezed in 6 hdds).
    Keep in mind this is running an AMD cpu so the i3 won't work unless you switch the motherboard.
    How cheap are these going for as it is quite an old micro server?
    Keep the info coming!

It's on for £30 starting bid.....but if the cpu can't be changed for say an i3 all you're getting then is a case....some are on for £90 which seems to be an average price.
    I did find information about changing the cpu on Microservers with a Xeon...but there were a number of options to consider...TDP etc...I currently have an old intel server box which runs omv and I've just setup a vm to run w7 so that I can switch totally to linux for everyday, omv also runs Emby as well as being a general file for home.
    I started looking at these as about 6 of these would fit into the intel box :D:D

Another quick google...the cpu on these is soldered on, so the cpu can't be upgraded, I would have to look for a Gen8 if i went down this route.

• The N40L runs on an AMD Turion platform, so there is no chance to go for an Intel i3 or Xeon CPU. The Microserver Gen8 is running on an Intel platform but the cheapest one is approx. £190 including 2GB RAM and the Intel Celeron G1610T. I replaced the Intel Celeron G1610T with an Intel Xeon E3-1225v2 and upgraded the standard 2GB RAM to 16GB RAM, after realizing that the Celeron isn't the best choice if you want to use virtualization...

HP Microserver Gen.8
    Intel Xeon E3-1225v2 - 16GB RAM - 3x 3TB Seagate IronWulf

• chente

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!