[Solved] Wifi not working - no ip on the box + start job for LSB:raise network interfaces and dev-ttyS1.device

• Hi !

So, i'm trying to install OMV on my raspberry, via ethernet all is good, I've done the updates changed the passwords etc.

Now my problem is that the wifi don't work, and I only have tow clues on how to solve this:
    first: on boot I see " a start job is running for 2 tasks: LSB:raise network inferface and dev-ttyS1.device
    but after around 1m30 it continues to boot, sometimes with a orange warnning, but it's scrolling to fast to read it
    secondly: as you can see the RPI don't get it's ip attributed...
    what you need to know is that in a precedent installation, wifi worked nicely, but after I messed with static ip, but I couldn't get wifi to work anymore and so I decided to wipe the card to do a clean install.

thanks.

• whats the content of /etc/network/interfaces...?

You would have to add wlan to the list of interfaces in the webui and set it to use DHCP, for what it's worth I believe it's easier to just issue a DHCP reservation on your router than to bother configuring a static ip on your nas

Basically: did you bother to configure wlan at all? You need wpa supplicant info etc. If I recall it's not difficult to set up via the command line.

• here is the content of the file:

for the static ip thing, I'll mess with that later, first I need to make that thing work, I've also done the updates of pre-version and maintained by community in case it would help.

I don't really know how to counfigure wlan with the ssh cli..
    but here is what i've done on omv: (the same thing than last time basically)

and.. oh sh*t I've forgotten to deal with the ipv4 settings.... I'm a complete noob sorry.
    I've set it to dhcp, I'll see what it does after a reboot.

well the unsolvable problem is solved. thanks ! x'D

• For reference if you want a static ip I believe the line should read iface wlan0 inet static, but like I said, I find it much simpler to configure all my boxes to use DHCP, and then issue leases from my DHCP server to maintain a "static" ip on the local network. In this way, if I need to make changes I don't have to ssh into each box individually, I can just make changes to the DHCP lease table.

I think that iface wlan0 inet manual is the option for allowing users to configure their own connection via GUI or command line. Hence why your Raspberry Pi didn't obtain an IP on the local network.

And don't be afraid to use the command line too! Often times it's as simple as googling "distribution name" + "issue you're having" + "cli" !

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!