Adding Custom SSL Certificates

• Hi All,

I can't find anything in the forums about this so I'm sorry if I'm asking again :(

My current setup is like this... I use Virtualmin as my main web/mail server and I have OMV as a second server with my personal files served by ownCloud on a custom port. My Virtualmin server runs Lets Encrypt to get all certificates for all my domains. Lets Encrypt also grabs the certificate for my ownCloud installation on OMV. Currently I manually import the PEM info from Virtualmin to OMV and select the new certificate in the Nginx plugin every time its renewed.

I have another personal server where I can sync the certificates from Virtualmin and it works perfectly. When importing a certificate in OMV it uses random filenames so syncing/overwriting wont work without renaming the certificate first.

What I would like to do is copy the cert file (not just import the PEM info) from Virtualmin to OMV and be able to select it in the Nginx plugin. Then future renewals can be automatically synced. All I can do at the moment is copy the cert file to OMV but selecting it in OMV is not possible. Can I add the certificate path to the OMV interface somehow?

Thanks for any help....Baldman :)

• If you would like to use your own certificate you should be able to edit your nginx config file. For example:

/etc/nginx/sites-enabled/openmeduivault-webgui

Point ssl_certificate and ssl_certificate_key to your certificate. For example:

ssl_certificate /etc/letsencrypt/live/your-domain.com/fullchain.pem;
    ssl_certificate_key /etc/letsencrypt/live/your-domain.com/privkey.pem;

save the file and do a

service nignx restart

Works for me.

• Themmm, your advice above looks like you want me to change the certificate for OMV. I wish to change the certificate for my ownCloud installation which I have setup through the Nginx plugin. My Nginx server plugin still uses the gui assigned certificate after changing the config files directly.

How can I change the certificate directly just for the server within the nginx plugin?

• The only Nginx plugin config file I can find for the particular server is "zzz-omv-nginx" located here /etc/nginx/sites-available. If I change the cert.crt and cert.key paths in this file Nginx will not reload.

Please, any help would be great ?(:)

• Sorry for this late reply. I have never used the nginx plugin but usually you should be able tho change it directly in the nginx config file.

You find those files in

/etc/nginx/sites-enabled

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!