Permission denied debain-deluge/transmission

• Offizieller Beitrag

May I ask how I do that, im completly fresh on this.

This would be the same as using "Everyone: read/write" in the reset permissions tab.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why is there still a permission denied.

No idea. It shouldn't be a linux filesystem permissions issue anymore.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• ssh into omv then cd /srv/disk-by-label-Torrent, then do ls -l that should display the directories with their permissions

root@openmediavault:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Torrent# ls -l
    total 36
    -rw------- 1 root root 6144 Aug 16 21:51 aquota.group
    -rw------- 1 root root 7168 Aug 16 21:51 aquota.user
    drwx------ 2 root root 16384 Aug 13 21:33 lost+found
    drwx------ 5 root root 4096 Aug 14 20:26 media
    root@openmediavault:/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Torrent#

• Offizieller Beitrag

drwx------ 5 root root 4096 Aug 14 20:26 media

This is a problem. This should be 755 not 700

• Offizieller Beitrag

so if he does chmod -R 755 /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Torrent that should solve the problem?

Leave off the recursive flag (you don't want everything underneath to be blindly changed) and media is directory with the wrong permissions that I can see. Don't know what the parent directory's permissions are with ls -l. The misc directory under media may wrong as well but the reset perms plugin should have changed those.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Leave off the recursive flag (you don't want everything underneath to be blindly changed) and media is directory with the wrong permissions that I can see. Don't know what the parent directory's permissions are with ls -l. The misc directory under media may wrong as well but the reset perms plugin should have changed those.

I'm not that hot when it comes to changing permissions using chmod, never could get my head around it all....I've used webmin as it will show permissions and allow you change them....but I agree for some reason the plugin does not appear to have changed the permissions.

• Hi all

I have a similar problem with Transmission.

Sometimes I can download without a problem. But usually when I left OMV for night download I have two types of error.

First is Permission denied and second about finding correct path.

Usually problem appears when I don't use OMV at the evening and want to download something at night.
    When I try to login on OMV by ssh and open folder on disk I hear my disk to start spin. The strange think is that I have turn off spin down and power savings for disk.

OMV installation is about 2 weeks in version 3.0.86.
    Plugins installed: Radarr, SickRage, MiniDLNA, NFS, Transmission and that's all.

I tipple check permissions for all folders, trying to reset all and I can't find the problem reason.

The strange think is that this problem is for final folder not for incomplete folder but error appears during download not when download is finished.

• Leave off the recursive flag (you don't want everything underneath to be blindly changed) and media is directory with the wrong permissions that I can see. Don't know what the parent directory's permissions are with ls -l. The misc directory under media may wrong as well but the reset perms plugin should have changed those.

I think I managed this now.
    All permissions seems fixed, however my labels was kinda weird. So I wiped the whole disk and gna start fresh this weekend.

Thanks for your help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!