Permission denied debain-deluge/transmission

    • OMV 3.x

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Permission denied debain-deluge/transmission

      Im trying to make the web gui of both application deluge and transmission to download to my to the other drives with no luck.
      I've given both debain-deluge and debian-transmission read and write access to the shared folder /media/misc.
      Still not able to download correctly.

      The settings was way more clear on transmission settings than deluge, I don't know how to select the correct path in deluge. /media/misc doesnt work...


      Im not sure how to set it up properly, maybe someone can help me in the right direction.

      //B
    • geaves wrote:

      You'll find that any shares created in omv will be under /srv
      Not if he udpated from another version. had this aswell till i did a new installation for new hardware.




      bowe wrote:

      Im trying to make the web gui of both application deluge and transmission to download to my to the other drives with no luck.
      I've given both debain-deluge and debian-transmission read and write access to the shared folder /media/misc.
      Still not able to download correctly.

      The settings was way more clear on transmission settings than deluge, I don't know how to select the correct path in deluge. /media/misc doesnt work...


      Im not sure how to set it up properly, maybe someone can help me in the right direction.

      //B
      Back to this:

      My folder for deluge torrent looks like this in the webUI: /srv/Volume1/share/Torrent/

      maybe /media/Volume1/share/Torrent/ aswell.
    • not specifically if do ls -l /srv that will give you the list of drives, if you then do ls -l /srv/<drive name>

      for instance one of mine would be ls -l /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Volume2 that would then list the shares on that volume......but you don't need to do this by ssh you should see the shares in omv gui access rights management>>>shared folders.
    • bowe wrote:

      Is there a command via ssh I can run to see the full share name?
      You can add a column in the filesystems tab to see the full share path (mount point column).
      Images
      • mountpoint.JPG

        60.08 kB, 1,162×307, viewed 39 times
      omv 4.0.5 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.12 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.0.2
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • antipiot wrote:

      geaves wrote:

      You'll find that any shares created in omv will be under /srv
      Not if he udpated from another version. had this aswell till i did a new installation for new hardware.



      bowe wrote:

      Im trying to make the web gui of both application deluge and transmission to download to my to the other drives with no luck.
      I've given both debain-deluge and debian-transmission read and write access to the shared folder /media/misc.
      Still not able to download correctly.

      The settings was way more clear on transmission settings than deluge, I don't know how to select the correct path in deluge. /media/misc doesnt work...


      Im not sure how to set it up properly, maybe someone can help me in the right direction.

      //B
      Back to this:
      My folder for deluge torrent looks like this in the webUI: /srv/Volume1/share/Torrent/

      maybe /media/Volume1/share/Torrent/ aswell.

      geaves wrote:

      not specifically if do ls -l /srv that will give you the list of drives, if you then do ls -l /srv/<drive name>

      for instance one of mine would be ls -l /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Volume2 that would then list the shares on that volume......but you don't need to do this by ssh you should see the shares in omv gui access rights management>>>shared folders.

      ryecoaaron wrote:

      bowe wrote:

      Is there a command via ssh I can run to see the full share name?
      You can add a column in the filesystems tab to see the full share path (mount point column).

      Thanks for the support guys. @ryecoaaron that's just what I'm looking for.
    • geaves wrote:

      I must have been away for that class....how does one do that?
      github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…lob/master/add_column.gif
      omv 4.0.5 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.12 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.0.2
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • bowe wrote:

      What am I doing wrong, this might be the dumbest question...

      If I change it to /srv/dev/sda1/Torrent/media/misc it will not work either.
      Never used deluge or transmission but it is complaining about a permissions issue not that the directory doesn't exist. Maybe fix the permissions with reset permissions?
      omv 4.0.5 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.12 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.0.2
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • geaves wrote:

      bowe wrote:

      What am I doing wrong, this might be the dumbest question...

      If I change it to /srv/dev/sda1/Torrent/media/misc it will not work either.
      Is that the share? because that image is of the file system page
      See the attachment. It's a shared folder.

      ryecoaaron wrote:

      bowe wrote:

      What am I doing wrong, this might be the dumbest question...

      If I change it to /srv/dev/sda1/Torrent/media/misc it will not work either.
      Never used deluge or transmission but it is complaining about a permissions issue not that the directory doesn't exist. Maybe fix the permissions with reset permissions?
      What do you use as a primary torrent client?
      How do I reset the permissions I think I've changed to many settings now..
      Images
      • OMV3.PNG

        48.16 kB, 1,061×875, viewed 29 times
    • bowe wrote:

      What do you use as a primary torrent client?
      I don't use any torrent client or download client.

      bowe wrote:

      How do I reset the permissions I think I've changed to many settings now..
      Install the resetperms plugin and there will be a reset permissions tab on the shared folder tab.
      omv 4.0.5 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.12 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.0.2
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • geaves wrote:

      bowe wrote:

      See the attachment. It's a shared folder.
      I know what it is!! but you're displaying it via the file system tab and not the shared folder tab!!

      bowe wrote:

      How do I reset the permissions I think I've changed to many settings now..
      Try setting the share to guest/public and see if deluge can gain access to it
      I might add Im using NFS not SMB.

      ryecoaaron wrote:

      bowe wrote:

      What do you use as a primary torrent client?
      I don't use any torrent client or download client.

      bowe wrote:

      How do I reset the permissions I think I've changed to many settings now..
      Install the resetperms plugin and there will be a reset permissions tab on the shared folder tab.
      I did install it and run the resetperms for all three folders. I still got permission denied.
    • bowe wrote:

      I did install it and run the resetperms for all three folders. I still got permission denied.
      The user that deluge/transmission is running as does not have permission to the folder then. You will have to use a more liberal permission when using reset or add that user to the shared folder privileges.
      omv 4.0.5 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.12 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.0.2
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • geaves wrote:

      Ok I don't use NFS but what if you do chmod 777 <full path to folder> does that work....I'm shooting the dark here..
      May I ask how I do that, im completly fresh on this.

      ryecoaaron wrote:

      bowe wrote:

      I did install it and run the resetperms for all three folders. I still got permission denied.
      The user that deluge/transmission is running as does not have permission to the folder then. You will have to use a more liberal permission when using reset or add that user to the shared folder privileges.
      Okay, I'm using read/write permission now and I can only change this to read/write/execute.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by bowe ().