make cluster smb/cifs above nfs

• Hello,

I have been looking at how to implement a smb / nfs cluster. For this I have a number of NAS units which deliver NFS or SMB/CIFS. What I need is to mount those drives and be able to provide a single mount point as a service, with fault tolerance somewhat similar to the windows DFS. Is there a way to achieve this with OMV ? ?(
    If I am asking about something already talked about I appreciate that I put the link and deactivate the thread.

regards

Alex

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have never seen anyone ask about clustered smb or nfs on this forum and it is not possible using the OMV web interface. Definitely outside the scope of OMV. What do you need clustered smb/nfs for? That sounds like a huge user base.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for the answer, it is not so much the need of users but the use of units are not grouped them to centralize and have a single storage server. The use would be 50 users and backup repository.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!