Virtualbox-ext-pack-installer 5.1.14 error when I try to install

• @ryecoaaron

I've removed all old kernels and headers and followed your posted commands (before I rebooted the server) and I had to install Virtualbox again (via GUI). This is what happened:

I removed the license and after the license this showed up:

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• @ryecoaaron

I've removed all old kernels and headers and followed your posted commands (before I rebooted the server) and I had to install Virtualbox again (via GUI). This is what happened:

and under GUI "Virtualbox" showed up and I've tried to enable it:

and no chance to start Virtualbox

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you answer yes to the license? I would purge all virtualbox packages and re-install them.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Did you answer yes to the license? I would purge all virtualbox packages and re-install them.

Same here. First attempt installing Virtualbox.

Abolutly no chance to aggree to the license as it goes so quicky i did not eve knew what it was until a copy/paste.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I thought this was being done from the command line. Not sure why I didn't have to but I will look into automatically answering the question.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I couldn't answer to the license because I've installed via GUI too and everything is doing automatically. So no chance to enter 'yes' or 'y'

Not sure why I didn't have to but I will look into automatically answering the question.

That would be great

• Offizieller Beitrag

I want to install the actuall Virtualbox-ext-pack to my virtual machines.
    How can i do this?

ext pack is installed on the server. guest tools are installed on the client. Download the ISO and attach it to the client to install.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can always tell it to install the latest version with apt-get install virtualbox=5.1.26-dfsg-2

Thanks to OP, I was getting the same error but following the above and a couple of apt-clean and a reboot this has resolved itself.

• Offizieller Beitrag

@antipiot @Huberer

I fixed the virtualbox-ext-pack-installer so that it automatically answers yes to the license accept question. There is an --accept-license flag but it requires the long string you see in the output below. It doesn't show you that flag and string until you accept the license. I didn't use it because I don't know when the string will change. So, I just use the yes command to answer the question.

Code
    Do you agree to these license terms and conditions (y/n)? 
    License accepted. For batch installaltion add
    --accept-license=715c7246dc0f779ceab39446812362b2f9bf64a55ed5d3a905f053cfab36da9e
    to the VBoxManage command line.

0%...10%...20%...30%...40%...50%...60%...70%...80%...90%...100%
    Successfully installed "Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack".

I also noticed I forgot to put the 5.1.26 version of virtualbox-dkms in the repo. That is fixed as well. Everything installed perfect on a fresh VM:

Code
    # dpkg -l | grep virtualbox
    ii  openmediavault-virtualbox          3.0.7                            all          VirtualBox plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  phpvirtualbox                      5.0-5-2                          all          Web interface for VirtualBox.
    ii  virtualbox                         5.1.26-dfsg-2                    amd64        x86 virtualization solution - base binaries
    ii  virtualbox-dkms                    5.1.26-dfsg-2                    all          x86 virtualization solution - kernel module sources for dkms
    ii  virtualbox-ext-pack-installer      5.1.26                           all          VirtualBox extension pack installer.

I also released a new version of the plugin that removes some deprecated installer code. Nothing major.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• Sorry for the late reply but I was away for some days. Because a lot of errors (see my post above) I've purged virtual box and installed everything new. Now everything runs fine again even after adding the folder with the VM's. Thanks for fixing all.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry for the late reply but I was away for some days. Because a lot of errors (see my post above) I've purged virtual box and installed everything new. Now everything runs fine again even after adding the folder with the VM's. Thanks for fixing all.

I wish that wasn't the solution some times but it seems to work. glad to hear it is working.

• Habe es so gemacht,
    aber in der Dienste Liste erscheint Virtual Box nicht, muss ich es nochmal über die Pluginliste der Extras installieren, oder was muss ich machen?
    I have done it like cody00 say, but I can't find it in my Plugin list, what must I do that in apears in my Plugin List?

• Hey I got the same issue on a newly installed OMV 3. I got it up and running since about 1,2 weeks:

There was a lot hapening in this thread so i wonder what is the latest and recommended way of solving this?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!