Virtualbox-ext-pack-installer 5.1.14 error when I try to install

• Hello,

I'm using Virtualbox (installed via extensions) since around three weeks and it's running great (I'm running all the latest updates). Under phpVirtualbox it shows that Virtualbox 5.1.14 is installed.

Today, when I pushed the update button it showed the "Virtualbox-ext-pack-installer 5.1.14" and when I ticked to install I got the following error message:

I looks like the Installer needs Virtualbox 5.1.26 or higher. But the latest VBox is 5.1.14. How can this issue be solved?

Thanks in advance

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Huberer ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just uploaded the 5.1.26 packages today. You don't have to update to them. What is the output of: apt-cache policy virtualbox virtualbox-ext-pack-installer

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Got the same issue, here is the cache policy:

OMV 4 - Ryzen 7 1700 (8 Cores / 16 Threads 65W TDP) - 32 GB DDR4 ECC
    128 GB OS SSD - 256 GB Plex SSD - 32 TB RAIDZ2 (6x8TB HGST NAS)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure why it doesn't want to install the new package since they are both pinned the same. The latest version installed on my test box.

You can always tell it to install the latest version with apt-get install virtualbox=5.1.26-dfsg-2

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I get the following error using your command:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I get the following error using your command:

Try: omv-aptclean and then post apt-cache policy virtualbox

• This is the output.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you go to this URL in a browser? This is definitely the problem on your system because it works just fine on three of my systems.

• Now, I also wanted to test the new plugin but when I use "apt-get update" I got the following message:

When I stop the "testing repo" under GUI "apt-get update" runs fine. It looks like there's an issue with the testing repo (sorry I can't post the whole output because of the limitations here - I only post the necessary messages)

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure what is going on. Bintray must be having issues. You can manually download the file from here:
    https://bintray.com/openmediavault-plugin-developers/erasmus-testing/virtualbox/5.1.26-dfsg-2#files/pool%2Fmain%2Fv%2Fvirtualbox

• Offizieller Beitrag

It looks like there's an issue with the testing repo

I guess wait a bit? It is working here.

• Ok, testing repo is back again but can't install the ext-pack-installer via GUI (it's still the same error like in the starting post). Will do now a manual installation

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok, testing repo is back again but can't install the ext-pack-installer via GUI (it's still the same error like in the starting post). Will do now a manual installation

Sorry, I can't replicate this. I would think manual installation should work.

• Ok, I could manually install the Virtualbox 5.1.26 plugin you posted above. Before I've installed it I stopped Virtualbox (like I always do when I update a plugin e.g. plex media server) and when I started Virtualbox again via GUI I got the following message:

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep linux
    Did you get the virtualbox-ext-pack-installer package installed?

• Ok, I could got the pack-installer installed, tried to start Virtualbox but still an error message:

Here is the output of

Edit: when I run 'apt-get update' and 'apt-get upgrade' there are no errors (and also no packages to install)

Edit2: This is what I did:

Before I manually started Virtualbox I tried it with the GUI-methode but I got the above posted error. That's why I've tried it via CLI

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Huberer ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would remove the old kernels and headers. Maybe it is having issues compiling vboxdrv for those older kernels. Then i would do the following:

dpkg-reconfigure virtualbox-dkms
    dpkg-reconfigure virtualbox
    modprobe vboxdrv

• Thanks, I removed old kernels and header but there's still one showing up and I'm not sure if I can remove it:

Code
    root@HomeServer:~# dpkg --list | grep linux-image
    ii  linux-image-4.9.0-0.bpo.3-amd64                                  4.9.30-2+deb9u2~bpo8+1            amd64        Linux 4.9 for 64-bit PCs
    ii  linux-image-amd64                                                4.9+80~bpo8+1                     amd64        Linux for 64-bit PCs (meta-package)
    root@HomeServer:~#

It's the linux-image-amd64 and I don't know to remove or not?

Edit: I just removed it and the header too. System started normal.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Huberer ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!