OMV 3 on UEFI

• I've never tried it but just follow the normal installation routine. Create a thumb drive installer (how-to is on the homepage of OMV) and boot from it. Then you can see the windows for entering all the necessary informations.
    I would suggest to back up your system drive in case something goes wrong or, just replace it with another unused one, which I would do.

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• There is no mention how to do a UEFI boot installation medium.

I use Linux already and don't have a problem to create a bootabel USB drive.

I read an older tutorial, but thye wanted you to use Jessie as stable OS and install OMV after the install, would that still work with Debian 9 (stable)?

• Offizieller Beitrag

would that still work with Debian 9 (stable)?

No. OMV 3.x only works on Debian 8 Jessie. You should be able to install Jessie on efi though

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Would "Debian-firmware-8.6.0-amd64-netinst.iso" be OK as install medium?

I would use a newer release like 8.9 - look here - http://cdimage.debian.org/mirror/cdimage/archive/

Code
    echo "deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public erasmus main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault-keyring postfix
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault
    omv-initsystem

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• ehm, how do I actually create a Jessie UEFI image? mto boot and then install it on a UEFI drive?

R.I.P. OMV you were an excelent NAS software but couldn't hold up with modern times booting terror from Micro$oft.

• I was able to hack together an uefi iso by using Debian files, but my EMMC hasn't detected, still trying to fix that part though.

Modpic.gif

Dell Precision T3500
    Processor:
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.2ghz
    Memory:
    26GB RAM
    Kernel: Linux 5.10.0-0.bpo.9-amd64
    Version: 5.6.2-1 (Usul) Debian Buster [From Fresh Install of 5]

• ehm, how do I actually create a Jessie UEFI image? mto boot and then install it on a UEFI drive?

R.I.P. OMV you were an excelent NAS software but couldn't hold up with modern times booting terror from Micro$oft.

You will find bootable ISO files on debian.org as ryecoaaron said in his post. Use etcher.io to make a bootable USB-Stick, boot in plain UEFI (not legacy) mode and you're done :thumbup: I think there is no need for a dedicated UEFI omv ISO, keep coding on features and bugfixes, you awsome omv-guys <3

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!